ᴛɪᴍᴇ ɪꜱ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ꜱɪᴅᴇ (ᴘᴛ 2)

Y/N climbs the tall stairs onto the porch. A handwritten sign says 'No solicitors, that means you! No asking for donations. No selling ANYTHING!'

"He seems nice," Y/N mutters before ringing the buzzer, then bangs on the security door. She hears a noise and looks up to see a security camera moving to train on her.

"What?" A man's voice says from the intercom.

"Hi, uh, Rufus?" Y/N asks.

"Yeah, even if I am, the question is still the same. What?"

"Um, I'm Y/N Winchester. I'm a friend of Bobby Singer's."

"So?" Rufus says.

"You called him this morning."

"So?" He repeats.

"Uh..." Y/N tries to grin at the security camera "...you told Bobby about a British chick who made contact with you"

"And so?"

"You know where she is?" Y/N asks.

"Yeah."

"Great. Could you tell me where I could find her?" She asks.

"No."

"Course not," She mutters before clearing her throat. "Look, Rufus, man..." The door then opens to show Rufus with a bowl in hand.

"Look, let me point something out to you. You are knocking at my door, so don't "Look, man" me. I'm not your man"

"I'm sorry, sir"

"All right, let me tell you a little story. See, once upon a time, Bobby called me, asked me to call him if I got a whiff of this Bela Talbot. I got a whiff. I called. The end" Y/N smiles.

"Wonderful story, okay, yeah, if you could just tell me where she is, I mean, that would be great"

"Y/N Winchester, right?" Rufus asks.

"Y/N," She answers.

"Y/N, do I look like I'm here to help you?"

"I'm gonna say no?"

"Then get the hell off my property."

"All right, yeah, fair enough. I got one more question for you, though. See, I got this, uh, this bottle of scotch, and... uh, is this considered good?" Rufus eyes the bottle, eyes Y/N, and starts smiling. A little later, Y/N and Rufus sit at the table with glasses in front of them.

"Bottoms up," Y/N says, clicking their glasses together and drinking.

"You know, I don't even bother drinking unless it's this stuff. Nectar of the gods, I'm telling you."

"Yeah, it's a nice change, you know. Most of my whiskey comes from a plastic jug." They both laugh. "So, Bela was here because..."

"She wanted to buy a couple of things, which is gonna take me some time to round up."

"Where is she now?" Y/N asks. Rufus watches her closely.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Shoot," Y/N says, taking a drink.

"You got three weeks left." Y/N chokes on her drink, surprised. "Why are you wasting your time chasing after that skinny, stuck-up English girl?"

"How do you know about that?" Y/N asks, suspiciously as Rufus leans forward.

"Because I know things. I know a lot of things about a lot of people."

"Is that so?"

"I know ain't no peashooter gonna save you," Rufus says.