ᴘʀᴏᴠᴇɴᴀɴᴄᴇ (ᴘᴛ 2)

Sam is back inside the Impala.

"I don't understand, Guys, we burned that damn thing."

"Yeah, thank you Captain Obvious. All right, we just need to figure out another way to get rid of it. Any ideas?" Dean asks.

"Okay, all right. Well, um, in almost all the lore about haunted paintings it's always the painting's subject that haunts 'em."

"Yeah. So, we just need to figure out everything there is to know about that creepy-ass family and that creepy-ass painting. What were their names again?" Y/N asks.

==

The three are at a second-hand book shop.

"You said the Isaiah Merchant family, right?"

"Yeah, that's right," Dean approaches, smiling and flicking an old book with pictures of guns.

"You're still a child," Y/N mutters.

"I dug up every scrap of local history I could find. So, are you three crim buffs?" The man asks, laying a huge book of newspaper clippings on the table.

"Kinda. Yeah. Why do you ask?" Y/N asks.

"Well..." He holds up a newspaper article. The lead story on the front page is "New Titanic Sinks, 1304 People Go to Watery Graves: Only 866 saved from 2,170 Aboard Liner Which Collides with Iceberg. Disaster Proves to Be the Greatest in Marine History of the World." He points at a side article. It reads 'Father Slaughters Family, Kills Himself.'

"Yes. Yeah, that sounds about right."

"The whole family was killed?"

"It seems this Isaiah, he slits his kids' throats, then his wife, then himself. Now he was a barbed by trade. Used a straight razor."

"Why'd he do it?" Sam asks.

"Let's look. Ahh..." The man starts to read. "People who knew him describe Isaiah as having a stern and harsh temperament. Controlled his family with an iron fist. Wife, uh, two sons, adopted daughter..." He skims on. "Yeah, yeah, yeah...There were whispers that the wife was gonna take the kids and leave." Which of course you know in that day and age, um ...so instead, old man Isaiah...well he gave them all a shave." He draws his hand across his throat with appropriate noises, laughing. Dean joins in but stops when Sam gives him a bitchface, not noticing Y/N smirking.

"Does it say what happened to the bodies?" Y/N asks.

"Just that they were all cremated."

"Anything else?"

"Yeah. Actually, I found a picture of the family. It's right here...somewhere. Right-here it is." He hands Sam the book with the picture.

"Hey, could we get a copy of this please?" He asks.

"Sure.

Time Skip

Sam, Dean, and Y/N sit at the table in their motel room.

"I'm telling you guys, I'm sure of it. The painting at the auction house, Dad is looking down. Painting here, Dad's looking out. The painting has changed, Guys."

"All right, so you think that Daddy dearest is trapped in the painting and is handing out Columbia neckties like he did with his family?"

"Well yeah, it seems like it. But if his bones are already dusted then how are we gonna stop him?"

"All right, well, if Isaiah's position changed then maybe some other things in the painting changed as well. You know it could give us some clues," Y/N says.