ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴄᴋᴇᴅ (ᴘᴛ 1)

The Impala cruises down a country road.

"Yeah. You probably missed something, that's what" Dean says.

"Dude, I ran LexisNexis, local police reports, newspapers, I couldn't find a single red flag. Are you sure you got the coordinates, right?" Sam asks.

"Yeah, I double checked. It's Fitchburg, Wisconsin. Dad wouldn't have sent us coordinates if it wasn't important Sammy" Sam starts getting frustrated.

"Well, I'm telling you I looked and all I could find was a big steamy pile of nothing. If Dad's sending us hunting for something I don't know what"

"Well maybe he's going to meet us there" Y/N says.

"Yeah. Cause he's been so easy to find up to this point"

"You're a real smart ass you know that? Don't worry I'm sure there's something in Fitchburg worth killing" Dean says.

"Yeah? What makes you so sure"

"Cause I'm the oldest, which means I'm always right" Dean says, Y/N raises her eyebrow.

"Second oldest" Y/N mutters.

"No, it doesn't"

"It totally does" Dean glances at Sam then looks back at the road with a little grin. The impala cruises past the sign for Fitchburg.

==

Sam leans against the Impala staring ahead. Dean and Y/N crosses to the road to him, Dean holding 2 coffees, Y/N holding one. Glasgow's Diner can be seen in the background. Dean gives Sam a coffee.

"Well...the waitress thinks the local freemasons are up to something sneaky but other than that no one's heard about anything freaky going on"

"Y/N, you got the time?" The woman looks at her watch

"Ten after Four. Why?" She asks.

"What's wrong with this picture" Sam says, indicating ahead. Sam has been watching a playground. It is deserted, only one child climbing around.

"School's out, isn't it?" Dean asks

"Yeah. So where is everybody? This place should be crawling with kids right now" A woman sits on a park bench reading a magazine and Y/N approaches.

"Sure, is quiet out here"

"Yeah, it's a shame"

"Why's that?" Y/N asks

"You know, kids getting sick, it's a terrible thing" The woman says.

"How many?"

"Just five or six but serious, hospital serious. A lot of parents are getting pretty anxious. They think it's catching" They both watch the little girls playing by herself.

==

The three enter the County Memorial Hospital and approach the reception desk.

"Guys. Guys I am not using the ID"

"Why not" Dean asks

"Cause it says bikini inspector on it!" Y/N snorts.

"Don't worry she won't look that close all, right? Hell, she won't even ask to see it. It's all about confidence Sammy" Dean says, grinning. He spins Sam to face the desk and keeps walking. The receptionist looks up.

"Hi. I'm Doctor Jerry Caplin, Centres for Disease Control" Sam says.

"Can I see some ID?" The receptionist asks. Further down the corridor Dean sniggers. Y/N slaps his arm trying to shush him but also trying not to laugh. Sam throws Dean and Y/N a dirty look.