ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ (ᴘᴛ 2)

Later, Madison is seated in a chair, with her wrist bound. Sam is standing in front of her, holding a gun.

"You're psychotic. The whole 'I'm a cop' trip- God, I am so stupid."

"Well, I guess neither of us are who we said we were, huh?" Sam says.

"Sam, you're sick, okay? You're imagining things. Monsters don't exist, not really."

"You know what? Save the act." Madison is crying.

"It's not an act! I am not a werewolf! There's no such thing! It's made up, all right? Th- They're not real! You know they're not real!"

"No?!" Sam points to her wound. "Then where did that come from?"

"I don't know! Sam, God, you need help. Please, don't do something that you're gonna regret. I'm not what you think I am. I'm not." Sam, visibly upset, hears knocking at the door. He opens it to see Dean and Y/N, who both enter and smirk at Madison.

"How you doin'? Our heads feel great, thanks," Dean says.

"We've gotta talk." Sam brings the pair into another room. "She says she has no idea what I'm talking about."

"She's lying," Y/N says.

"Or maybe she really doesn't know she's changing, you know? Maybe - maybe when the creature takes over, she blacks out," Dean deadpans.

"Like a really hot incredible Hulk. Come on, dude, she ganked her boss and her ex-boyfriend. That doesn't sound rash and unconscious."

"Yeah, but what if it was, guys? I mean, what if some animal part of her brain saw both those guys as threats? Hell, the cop, too."

"What are you, the Dog Whisperer now?"

"I'm sorry, Sam, but I'm with Dean on this. She tried to kill us."

"Look, guys, I just... I don't know, there, there, there was something in her eyes."

"Yeah, she's killing people!" Dean says.

"But if she has no control over it-"

"Exactly. She can't control it. Even if she's telling the truth, it's not gonna change anything."

"I'm not putting a bullet through some girl's chest who has no idea what's happening."

"Sam, she's a monster, and you're feeling sorry for her?" Y/N says.

"Maybe I understand her." There is a small pause. "Look, there might be another way we can get the job done without having to waste her."

"Are you thinking what I think you're thinking?" Sam flips through the journal.

"Dad's theory - lycanthropy might have a cure if you kill the werewolf who bit you, severing the bloodline."

"MIGHT have a cure. Meaning 'who the hell knows?'"

"It's worth a shot."

"We don't even know where to start looking, all right? I mean, the puppy that bit her could be anyone, anywhere. It could've been years ago," Y/N says. Sam then realizes something.

"No. I don't think so." Sam leads Dean and Y/N back to the living room, where Madison is still seated. "Madison, when were you mugged?" She doesn't want to answer, just looking at him. "Please. It's important, all right? Just answer the question."

"About a month ago."

"Did you see the guy?"

"No. He grabbed me from behind."

"Did he bite you?" There is a small pause.

"How did you know that?"

"Where?" Y/N asks.