ʙᴀᴅ ᴅᴀʏ ᴀᴛ ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ʀᴏᴄᴋ (ᴘᴛ 2)

Sam, Dean, and Y/N rush out of the restaurant.

"Come on!" Y/N shouts. Sam then trips, falling flat on his face, causing Dean and Y/N to slow down and turn around.

"Wow! You suck!" Dean and Y/N reach down and pick Sam up off the ground.

"Ow..."

"So, what, now your luck turns bad?" Sam's jeans are torn at both knees, which are bloody and raw.

"I guess."

"I wonder how bad?" Y/N says as Dean walks away. Y/N stays with Sam who rubs his hands together.

"Let's get a move on," Y/N says and she leads Sam back to the Impala, Dean leading.

==

Later the three enter the apartment where they had gotten the rabbit's foot from, Sam hanging back.

"Oh, man. What do you want?" Grossman asks.

"Heard about your friend. That's bad luck," Y/N says.

"Piss off."

"We know someone hired you to steal the rabbit's foot. A woman," Dean says.

"Oh yeah? How do you know that?"

"Because she just stole it back from us," Grossman laughs.

"Listen man, this is seri-" Sam steps forward and trips on a wire on the floor mid-sentence, pulling a CD player off a shelf and sending it and Sam crashing to the ground. Sam takes out a lamp as he goes. Dean just rolls his eyes and doesn't look while Y/N winces as if she feels the pain.

"Sam, you, Ok?" She asks.

"Yeah, I'm good!" Sam replies from the floor behind the couch. Sam pulls himself up and Grossman smirks.

"I want you to tell us her name," Y/N asks Grossman.

"Screw you," he says.

"No thanks," Y/N pauses. "It wasn't a freak accident that killed your partner."

"What?"

"It was the rabbit's foot," Dean says, Y/N nods. Grossman scoffs incredulously.

"You're crazy, the pair of you."

"You know we're not. You saw what happened, what it did. All the flukes, all the luck. When you lose the foot that luck goes sour. That's what killed your friend. And our brother here is next. And who knows how many more innocent people after that. Now if you don't help us stop this thing, that puts those deaths on your head." Grossman looks worried.

"Now I can read people...and I get it. You're a thief, and a scumbag, that's fine. But you're not a killer. Are you?"

==

Sam, Dean, and Y/N exit the apartment block. Y/N's phone starts ringing and Y/N answers it as she steps over a large wad of pink bubble gum on the ground.

"Hello?" She speaks. Sam follows only to hear a squish noise. He has a deeply frustrated look on his face as he lifts his shoe off of the bubble gum. Dean is next to him and holds a disgusted yet amused look.

"Y/N, great news. Wasn't easy but I found a heavyweight cleansing ritual that should do the trick."

"Bobby, that's uh, great, 'cept Sam, uh..." Y/N looks over at Sam and grimaces when Sam lifts his shoe. Dean shares a look with Y/N and he tries not to laugh "...Sam lost the foot."

"He WHAT?"

"Bobby, Bobby, listen. This, uh, this chick stole it from him. I'm serious. In her mid-20's, and she was sharp, you know, good enough at the con to play us. Well, not me but I was busy drinking my milkshake," Y/N explains, all while Sam is trying to scrape off the bubble gum from his shoe using a broken storm drain grating "And she only gave the guy she hired a name, probably an alias or something." She looks at Sam and Dean "Uh, Luigi or something?" Sam is still scraping his shoe off, while Dean looks at her.