ᴅᴇᴀᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ (ᴘᴛ 1)

There is a mostly empty plate in front of Dean, who is circling obituaries in a newspaper. Y/N is next to him, circling something as an attractive waitress comes over, whose nametag says Wendy.

"Can I get you anything else?" Dean looks up and grins around the pen he's chewing on. Y/N glances, only to roll her eyes and continue drinking her milkshake. Sam then comes over and sits down.

"Just the check, please."

"Okay," Wendy walks away, looking a little disappointed. Dean drops his head and then looks at Sam.

"You know, Sam, we are allowed to have fun once in a while." Dean points to Wendy walking away; she's wearing short shorts. "That's fun," Sam and Y/N say. Dean then hands Sam the newspaper. "Here, take a look at this; I think I got one. Lake Manitou, Wisconsin. Last week, Sophie Carlton, eighteen, walked into the lake but didn't walk out. Authorities dragged the water; nothing. Sophie Carlton is the third Lake Manitou drowning this year. None of the other bodies were found either. They had a funeral two days ago.".

"A funeral?" Y/N asks.

"Yeah, it's weird; they buried an empty coffin. For, uh, closure or whatever."

"Closure? What closure? People don't just disappear, Dean and Y/N. Other people just stop looking for them.".

"Something you want to say to me?" Y/N lifts her milkshake and glares at Dean.

"The trail for Dad. It's getting colder every day.".

"Exactly. So, what are we supposed to do?"

"I don't know. Something. Anything"

"You know what? I'm sick of this attitude. You don't think I want to find Dad as much as you do?"

"Boys..." Y/N says, looking between the two but being brushed off.

"Yeah, I know you do; it's just..." Sam is cut off from Dean.

"I and Y/N are the ones that have been with him every single day for the past two years while you've been off to college going to pep rallies. We will find Dad, but until then, we're going to kill everything bad between here and there. Okay?" Sam rolls his eyes as Wendy, the waitress, walks by, distracting Dean.

"All right, Lake Manitou. Hey!" Dean and Y/N turn their attention to Sam.

"Huh?"

"How far?"

==Time Skip==

The Impala pulls up in front of the Carlton house. Y/N knocks on the door, and a man opens it.

"Will Carlton?"

"Yeah, that's right."

"I'm Agent Wells. This is Agent Ford and Agent Hamill," Y/N says, pointing to Dean and Sam. "We're with the US Wildlife Service." Y/N and Dean hold up IDs. Will brings Sam, Y/N, and Dean around to see a man sitting on a bench on the dock.

"She was about a hundred yards out. That's where she got dragged down.".

"And you're sure she didn't just drown?" Dean asks.

"Yeah. She was a varsity swimmer. She practically grew up in that lake. She was as safe there as in her bathtub.".

"So, no splashing? No signs of distress?"

"No, that's what I'm telling you."

"Did you see any shadows in the water? Maybe some dark shape breaches the surface."

"No. Again, she was far out there.".

"You ever see any strange tracks by the shoreline?"

"No, never. Why? Why, what do you think's out there?" Y/N smiles at him.