ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ (ᴘᴛ 1)

Sam and Y/N watch as the employee slides a corpse from its compartment.

"Here he is, Detectives." The corpse has stitches running along his chest, stomach, shoulders, and throat.

"That's a pretty nasty bite," Y/N says.

"Mmm-hmm."

"You know what bit him?" Sam asks. The employee averts her eyes.

"I haven't quite determined that just yet."

"Come on, Doc. Off the record..." Y/N says.

"Okay, way, way off the record..."

"Sure."

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say the guy was attacked by a wolf. But unless I know that the zoo is missing one of their lobos, I'm going with pit bull," the employee says, eyeing them. "I like my job." Sam and Y/N chuckle.

"Yeah, we hear you. One more thing. This guy - was his heart missing?" Y/N asks.

"Yeah, how did you know that? I haven't even finished my report."

"Lucky guess."

==

Dean is sitting on his bed, cleaning his guns, Y/N next to him, helping. Sam walks over to the fridge and grabs a beer.

"The lawyer guy the first heart-free corpse in town?" Dean says.

"First man. Over the past year, several women have gone missing. Dead bodies all washed up later in the bay, too deteriorated to draw firm conclusions," Y/N says as Sam grabs a chair and comes over to the two.

"But no hearts?"

"No hearts." Sam opens his beer bottle. "They were all hookers working Hunter's Point. Now, cops are trying to keep things under wraps, but they're looking for a serial killer." Sam takes a sip of his beer.

"And the lunar cycle?"

"Mmm-hmm. Yeah, month after month, all the murders happen in the week leading up to the full moon."

"Which is this week, right?"

"Hence the lawyer," Y/N says, cocking a gun.

"Awesome," Dean says, standing up.

"Dean, could you be a bigger geek about this?"

"I'm sorry, guys, but what about 'a human by day, a freak animal killing machine by moonlight' don't you understand? I mean, werewolves are badass. We haven't seen one since we were kids."

"Okay, Sparky. And you know what? After we kill it, we can go to Disneyland," Y/N says.

"You know what the best part about it is? We already know how to bring these suckers down," Dean says, holding up a silver bullet. "One of these bad boys right to the heart. So, what's our next move?"

"Talk to the girl who found the body."

==

A brunette young woman leads Sam, Dean, and Y/N inside and to her living room.

"I don't understand. I already gave my statement."

"Right, well, we just need to verify a few things," Y/N says.

"This is my neighbor. Glen. Glen, this is Detective..."

"Lanids. This is Detective Lawrence," Y/N waves, "And Detective Dante." Dean pats Sam on the back. Glen, a bearded man wearing a 'Mission Church' T-shirt, stands.

"Well, I guess I'll leave you to it."

"Okay. Thanks for the casserole."

"Oh, how thoughtful," Dean says.