ᴛᴀʟʟ ᴛᴀʟᴇꜱ (ᴘᴛ 1)

In a motel room, Sam is sitting on the couch looking through books; he rubs his face tiredly. Y/N is sitting opposite Sam, her head on her arms. Dean is sitting up on the bed behind them, listening to the radio and eating something messy from a disposable plate.

"Dude. You mind not eating those on MY side of the bed?" Y/N says. Her head now lifted up.

"No, I don't mind," Dean eats another "How's research going?"

"You know how it's going? Slow. You know how it would go a heck of a lot faster? If I had my computer."

"Hmm," Dean nods sarcastically.

"Can you turn that down please?" Sam says.

"Yeah, absolutely," Dean turns the music up louder.

"You know what? Maybe, uh, maybe you should just go somewhere for a while," Sam says loudly. Dean shuts off the radio and looks up, snappish.

"Hey, I'd love to. That's a great idea. Unfortunately, my car's all screwed to hell."

"Dean, I told you; I have nothing to do wi-" Sam is cut off by a loud knock on the door. Sam stands and goes to the door; he looks through the peephole and then back at Dean and Y/N, then opens the door. Outside is Bobby.

"Hey, Bobby," Bobby enters, hands in pockets.

"Winchesters," Dean and Y/N stand and approach.

"Hey, Bobby," she says.

"It's good to see you again so soon," Bobby says. Sam claps Bobby on the back.

"Yeah, uh, thanks for coming. Come on in," Dean shakes Bobby's hand firmly.

"Thank god you're here," Dean says.

"So um, what didn't you want to talk to me on the phone about?"

"It's this job we're working. We- We weren't sure you'd believe us."

"Well, I can believe a lot," Bobby scoffs.

"Yeah, no, no, it's just, we've never seen anything like it-"

"Not even close," Dean says.

"And we thought we could use some fresh eyes," Y/N says.

"Well, why don't you begin at the beginning?"

"Yeah, um, all right," Sam gestures to the bed; Bobby picks up the empty takeout tray and peers at it, sets it aside, and sits down. "So, it all started when we caught wind of an obit. See, a professor took a nosedive from a fourth story window, only there's a campus legend that the building's haunted. So, we pretexted as reporters from the local paper."

==Flashback – Sam POV==

Sam and Y/N are sitting at a table with a stocky jock boy and an attractive girl; Sam sets a voice recorder down on the table.

"Yeah, we both had the professor for Ethics and Morality," The jock boy says.

"Yeah? So why do you think he did it?" Y/N asks.

"Who knows? I mean, he was tenured, wife and kids. His book is like a really big deal. Then again..." The girl leans in conspiratorially. "Who's to say it was suicide?" The boy scoffs.

"Jen, come on."

"Well, what else could it be?" Sam asks, surprised.

"Well, you know about Crawford Hall?"

"No, we don't actually."

"It's a bunch of crap, it's a total urban legend."

"Yeah well, Heather's mom went to school here, and she knew the girl?" Jen says.