ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ꜱʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇ (ᴘᴛ 1)

Y/N is driving the Impala when their phone rings. They pick it up.

"Yeah?" Y/N says. Sam and Dean are in a motel room.

"There's a cop car outside," Dean says.

"You think it's for us?" Y/N asks.

"I don't know."

"I don't see how. I mean we ditched the plates, the credit cards," Y/N says, the cop car driving away, allowing Sam and Dean to breathe out in relief.

"They're leaving. False alarm."

"Well, see. Nothing to worry about," Y/N says.

"Yeah, being fugitives? Frigging dance party."

"Hey guys, chicks dig the danger vibe. As well as some men."

Sam and Dean are standing in front of books that are all about a specific demon called Djinn, and on top of them is John's journal, open on the same subject.

"So, you got anything yet?" Dean asks.

"Are you kidding me? How could I? You got me sifting through 50 square miles of real estate here. Why couldn't Dean have done this?"

"Well, that's where all the victims disappeared," Sam says.

"And I would have probably just fallen asleep," Dean says.

"Yeah well, I got diddly-squat. What about you?"

"Just one thing. I'm pretty sure of it now," Sam pulls one book closer. "We're hunting a Djinn."

"A freaking genie?"

"Yeah."

"What? You think these suckers can really grant wishes?" Y/N says.

"I don't know. I guess they're powerful enough. But not exactly like Barbara Eden in harem pants. I mean, Djinn have been feeding off people for centuries. They're all over the Koran."

"My God. Barbara Eden was hot, wasn't she? Way hotter than that Bewitched chick," Dean says.

"Dean, I'm trying to help Y/N here," Sam says. Dean clears his throat.

"Yeah. So uh, where do the Djinn lair up?" Y/N asks.

"Ruins usually. Uh, bigger the better—more places to hide."

"You know, I think I saw a place a couple miles back. I'm gonna go check it out."

"Wait—no, no, no, no. Come pick us up first," Sam says.

"Come on, Y/N. Pick us up first."

"Nah, I'm sure it's nothing. I just wanna take a look around," Y/N hangs up the phone. Dean lowers his hand with the phone in it and sighs, sharing a look with Sam.

==

Y/N enters a factory with a flashlight, swinging open a creaky door. Y/N walks through what appears to be an abandoned office, with a typewriter, file cabinet, etc. There's a dripping water sound, but otherwise it appears empty to them. Y/N looks back and forth in it a few times, and then starts walking back the same direction they came from but this time in the hall. On their right among all the old things there is a figure watching them. Y/N doesn't see it and walks on. They are suddenly attacked, pinned against the window wall. Y/N drops the flashlight and the Djinn slams Y/N's right hand up against a wall, forcing them to drop the knife. The Djinn opens its left hand, which begins to glow in blue, at the same time that the Djinn's eyes begin glowing. The Djinn puts its glowing hand on Y/N's forehead and Y/N's eyes roll up and take on a faint blue hue.

==

A TV showing an old black and white movie of a monster carrying an unconscious woman. Y/N wakes up, covers over their chest, and is wearing a necklace; they see an apparently nude man lying next to them. Later, Y/N is dressed and walking through the dark apartment. Y/N rings Dean, but it goes to his voicemail.