ᴀ ᴠᴇʀʏ ꜱᴜᴘᴇʀɴᴀᴛᴜʀᴀʟ ᴄʜʀɪꜱᴛᴍᴀꜱ (ᴘᴛ 2)

Y/N, Dean, and Sam enter a Christmas shop that has 'Deck the halls with boughs of holly' playing.

"Help you, three?" The shopkeeper asks.

"Uh, hope so. Uh, we were playing Jenga over at the Walshes' the other night, and, uh... well, he hasn't shut up since about this Christmas wreath, and" Dean turns to Y/N "I don't know, you tell him" Y/N gives Dean a look.

"Sure" He turns to the shopkeeper "It was yummy"

"I sell a lot of wreaths, guys"

"Right, right, but - but you see, this one would have been really special. It had, uh, it had, uh, green leaves, um, white buds on it. It might have been made of, uh... meadowsweet?"

"Well, aren't you a fussy one?" Y/N looks taken aback, embarrassed. Sam smiles.

"He is..." Dean laughs and Y/N looks at him, annoyed"

"Anyway, I know the one you're talking about. I'm all out"

"Huh. Seems like this meadowsweet stuff's pretty rare and expensive" Sam says "Why make wreaths out of it?"

"Beats me. I didn't make them"

"Who did?"

"Madge Carrigan, a local lady. She said the wreaths were so special, she gave them to me for free"

"She didn't charge you?"

"Nope"

"Did you sell them for free?" Dean asks.

"Hell no. It's Christmas. People pay a buttload for this crap"

"That's the spirit" Sam says.

==

Y/N opens the door and turns on the light. Dean and Sam follow them in.

"How much do you think meadowsweet wreath would cost?" Dean asks.

"A couple hundred dollars, at least"

"This lady's giving them away for free?" Y/N says "Why do you think about that?"

"Well, sounds pretty suspicious" The three take off their jackets and sit on the edge of their beds. Y/N on Dean's.

"Remember that wreath Dad brought home that one year?" Dean says.

"You mean the one he stole from, like, a liquor store?"

"Yeah, it was a bunch of empty beer cans. That thing was great" Y/N says "I bet if I looked around hard enough, I could probably find one just like it"

"All right. Guys...What's going on with you two?"

"What?" The twins say in unison.

"I mean, since when are you two Bing Crosby all of a sudden? Why do you want Christmas so bad?"

"Why are you so against it? I mean, were your childhood memories that traumatic?" Dean says.

"No, that has nothing to do with it"

"Then what?" Y/N asks.

"I-I mean, I-I just...I don't get it. You haven't talked about Christmas in years'"

"Well, yeah. This is my last year" Y/N says.

"And If she's going, I want her to have the best last Christmas" Dean says. Sam pauses and lets out a small sigh.

"I know. That's why I can't"

"What do you mean?" Y/N asks.

"I mean I can't just sit around, drinking eggnog, pretending everything's okay, when I know next Christmas, you'll be dead" Y/N nods "I just can't" Y/N nods, realizing the sadness in Sam's voice. The three are silent.