ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ꜱʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇ (ᴘᴛ 2)

The group enters the Winchester house and the woman, minus Y/N, laugh.

"So, Y/N, what was uh...what was all that back at the restaurant?" Sam asks.

"Yeah, you're making us worried," Dean says.

"Ah...I-I thought I saw something. I'm sure it's nothing."

"Well, I had a lovely birthday. Thank you. Good night."

"Good night," Jessica, Carmen, and Eddie say in unison.

"Good night," Y/N says, Bonnie in her arms now asleep, her head resting against Y/N's shoulder.

"Night. Mom," Sam turns to the others, "Yeah, well I'm beat." Sam turns to Jess, "Ready to turn in?"

"Sure."

"All right. Good night, guys."

"Yeah, we better too," Dean says to Carmen.

"Yeah, we better get Bonnie home too," Eddie says, nodding to them.

"Wait a second. Wait a second. Come on, it's not even nine o'clock yet. Let's uh...Let's have a drink or something. Eddie, you can take Bonnie home and I'll be back later?"

"Yeah, maybe another time," Dean says.

"Come on, guys. Look at us. Huh? We all have wives and a husband on our arms, I have a daughter. You're engaged. Let's go celebrate." There's an awkward silence. Sam turns to Jess, Carmen, and Eddie.

"Guys, can you excuse us? We just want to talk to our sister for a sec," Sam asks, smiling to them.

"Sure."

"Thanks."

"I'll get her," Eddie says, holding his arms out to Y/N to take Bonnie. Y/N gently passes Bonnie over to Eddie, and the girl instantly lays her head on her dad's shoulder.

"Come on, Carmen, Eddie." The three leave the room and Sam and Dean turn to Y/N.

"Come here," Sam says and walks to the other side of the living room, Dean following.

"What?" Y/N says, following.

"Okay. What's gotten into you?" Dean asks.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean this whole warm, fuzzy ecstasy-trip thing."

"I'm just happy for you, Sammy, De."

"Yeah, right. That's another thing. Since when do you call us Sammy and De? Y/N, come on. We don't talk outside of holidays."

"We don't? Well, we should. I mean, you're my brothers."

"You're our sister?" Y/N laughs.

"Yeah."

"You know, that's what you said when you snaked my ATM card, or when you bailed on my graduation, or when you hooked up with Michael Monroe."

"Who?" Y/N asks.

"Uh, my best friend. On prom night, having also ditched your prom date the same night."

"What about when we had that fight. We gave each other bruises," Dean says.

"Yeah, that does kinda sound like me. Well, hey guys, I'm sorry about all that." Y/N walks towards Sam and Dean who back away. "Look, I'm different from then. I have a daughter now, I-I'm better."

"No that, look, that's all-right Y/N, I-I just...You know we're not asking you to change. W-we just, uh, we don't know, I... guess we just don't really have anything in common. You know?" Y/N blinks and the brothers start to walk away.