ʙʟᴏᴏᴅʟᴜꜱᴛ (ᴘᴛ 2)

As the vampire advances on Sam, a woman appears in the doorway.

"Wait! Step back, Eli" Eli pulls back, his fangs retracting. The woman walks over and pulls of Sam's gag "My name's Lenore. I'm not going to hurt you. We just need to talk"

"Talk? Yeah, okay, but I might have a tough time paying attention to much besides Eli's teeth"

"He won't hurt you either. You have my word"

"Your word? Oh yeah, great, thanks. Listen lady, no offense but you're not the first vampire I've met"

"We're not like the others. We don't kill humans, and we don't drink their blood. We haven't for a long time"

"What is this, some kind of joke?"

"Notice you're still alive"

"Okay, uh, correct me If I'm wrong here, but shouldn't you be starving to death?"

"We've found other ways. Cattle blood" Lenore says, looking at Eli.

"You're telling me you're responsible for all the-"

"It's not ideal, in fact it's disgusting. But- it allows us to get by"

"Okay, uh, why?"

"Survival. No deaths, no missing locals, no reason for people like you to come looking for people like us. We blend in. Our kind is practically extinct. Turns out we weren't quite as high up the food chain as we imagined"

"Why are we explaining ourselves to this killer?" Eli asks.

"Eli!"

"We choke on cow's blood so that none of them suffer. Tonight, they murdered Conrad and they celebrated"

"Eli, that's enough"

"Yeah, Eli, that's enough"

"What'd one is done. We're leaving this town tonight"

"Then why did you bring me here? Why are you even talk to me"

"Believe me, I'd rather not. But I know your kind. Once you have the scent, you'll keep tracking us. It doesn't matter where we go. Hunters will find us"

"So, you're asking us not to follow you"

"We have a right to live. We're not hurting anyone"

"Right, so you keep saying, but give me one good reason why I should I believe you"

"Fine" She gets in Sam's face "You know what I'm going to do? I'm going to let you go" Sam looks at her, startled "Take him back. Not a mark on him" Two vampires lead Sam back to the truck, his head covered in the sack again. They drive off.

==

Back in their motel room, Dean, Y/N, and Gordon sit at the table, discussing strategy over a map.

"This is the best pattern I can establish. It's sketchy at best"

"Looks like it's all coming from this side of town. Which means the nest would be around here someplace, right?"

"Yep, that's what I'm thinking. Problem is, there's thirty-five, forty farms out there. I've searched about half of them already, but nothing yet. They're covering their tracks real good" Gordon ask.

"Well, I guess we'll just have to search the other half" Dean says, smirking. Y/N looks at her watch

"What time is it? Where is Sam?" She asks.

"Car's parked outside. Probably went for a walk. Seems like the take-a-walk type"

"Yeah, he is, but..." The door opens and Dean and Y/N turns to look and Sam enters. He gives Dean and Y/N a look.