ᴍᴀʟʟᴇᴜꜱ ᴍᴀʟᴇꜰɪᴄᴀʀᴜᴍ (ᴘᴛ 1)

Y/N and Dean are questioning a young man while Sam is searching the bathroom.

"She was so scared. I couldn't help; it couldn't do anything to stop it. And I've talked to the police, and I've talked to the medical examiner and no one can explain it," he says.

"Well, that's why they put the call in to us Mr. Dutton," Y/N says.

"But the CDC, that's disease control, right? What do you think, it's some kind of virus?" He asks. Sam and Dean close the door to the bathroom and look more thoroughly through things.

"We're not ruling out anything yet. Mr. Dutton, did Janet have any enemies?" Dean asks.

"I'm sorry?"

"Anyone that might have a reason to hurt her?"

"Wait, what are you saying? That somebody poisoned her?" Sam looks under the sink in the bathroom and finds something.

"I'm just saying we have to cover every base here."

"Well, I mean, what kind of poison?" Mr Dutton asks. "You think a person could have done this?"

"Would anyone want to?" Dean asks.

"What?! No, no, there's just no one that could've-" Sam opens the bathroom door.

"Mr. Dutton?" She speaks.

"Uh, everyone loved Janet." Sam nods at Y/N and Dean.

"Okay. Thank you very much. I think we've got everything we need. We'll get out of your way now," the three leave. Outside it's raining as the three walk out of the house and towards the Impala.

"That dude seemed a little evasive to you?" Dean asks.

"I don't know. I was under a sink, pulled this out," Sam takes out a bag from his pocket and hands it to Y/N, and they stop as she takes the bag from Sam and opens it. Dean looks over at it. "Hex bag."

"Awww gross," Dean says.

"Yeah, there are bird bones, rabbit's teeth. This cloth is probably cut from something Janet Dutton owned," Dean looks back at the house for a second and turns back. Y/N hands the bag to Sam and walks towards the Impala again.

"So, we're thinking witch?" Y/N asks.

"Uh, yeah, and not some new age wicked water douser either. This is Old World black magic guys, I mean, warts and all," Dean gets in and looks at Y/N and Sam.

"I hate witches," the two chuckle, "They're always spewing their bodily fluids everywhere."

"Pretty much."

"It's creepy, you know, it's downright unsanitary."

"Yeah, well someone definitely had it out for Janet Dutton," Y/N says.

"Yeah, someone who snuck into that house and planted the bag," Dean says. "So what are we thinking, we're huh, looking for some old craggy Blair witch in the woods?"

"No, it could be anyone. Neighbor, coworker, man, woman—that's the problem, guys, they're human, they're like everyone else."

"Great. How do we find 'em?" Y/N asks.

"This wasn't random; someone in Jane Dutton's life has an ugly ace to grind. We find the motive—"

"We find the murderer."

"Yeah," Dean starts the Impala and pulls away from the curb, driving off in the rain. Later on, the Impala arrives to see Paul hunched over on the pavement, choking. Y/N and Dean run over to Paul, and she yells at Sam.