ᴄʀᴏᴀᴛᴏᴀɴ (ᴘᴛ 2)

Dean and Y/N are driving back into town; Mark steps into their path brandishing a rifle, and Dean stops the car.

"Hands where I can see 'em!"

"Son of a-"

"Get out of the car! Out of the car!" Dean and Y/N open their doors and get out slowly.

"All right, easy there, big guy" Y/N says. As they stand, the two pull out handguns and point them at Mark.

"All right, put it down!"

"Lower it now!"

"Put it down!" Y/N shouts.

"Are you two one of 'em?" Mark asks.

"No! Are you?" Dean asks.

"No!"

"You could be lying!"

"So could you!"

"All right! All right. We could do this all day, all right? Let's just uh, let's take it easy before we kill each other" Y/N says as she brings her gun down.

"What's going on with everybody?"

"We don't know"

"My neighbor...Mr. Rogers, he-"

"You've got a neighbor named Mr. Rogers?" Dean asks.

"Not anymore" Dean shakes his head "He came at me with a hatchet. I put him down. He's not the only one, I mean, it's happening to everyone"

"We're heading over to the Doc's place, there's still some people left" Y/N says.

"No, no way. I'm getting the hell out"

"There's no way out, they got the bridge covered, now come on"

"I don't believe you"

"Fine, stay here, be our guest" Mark hesitates, then changes his mind. He pulls out a handgun and keeps it pointed towards Dean and Y/N as he gets into the back; Dean still has his gun up as well and he looks to Y/N.

"Well, this ought to be a relaxing drive"

==

Dr. Lee is again looking through the microscope; Pam huddles against the far wall.

"What if we all have it? What if we all go crazy?"

"You've got to stay calm. All we can do is wait. The Marshal's bringing help"

"I can't, I... I've got to go"

"Pam!"

"No, you don't understand. My boyfriend's out there, I gotta make sure he's okay" She hurries out of the lab, and Sam follows her all the way to the lobby.

"All right, wait, wait. Please. Look, I know you're upset, all right? But it's safer if you stay here for now. Help is coming" The Impala is heard pulling up outside "There they are"

"Sammy? Open up!" Sam opens the door to let in Dean, Y/N, and Mark; the males still armed.

"Did you guys, uh, get to a phone?"

"Roadblock" Y/N turns to Mark "I'm gonna have a word. Doc's inside"

"What's going on out there, guys?"

"Man, I don't know, I feel like Chuck Heston in the Omega Man, I swear, Sarge is the only sane person we could find. What are we dealing with, do you know?" Dean asks.

"Yeah. Doc thinks it's a virus"

"Okay, great. What do you think?" Y/N asks.

"I think she's right"