Open Mic.

We arrived at a restrauant called Open Mic. I tried not to have such a big dinner. It wasn't a date, so I was very casual by ordering a sandwich. Plus, I didn't have to worry about my image while I was with him. I didn't have to be perfect.

While we were waiting for our food, a few girls were on the stage, singing and dancing. Justin danced a little in his seat, watching them. I was staring outside and looking back at the stage a few times.

"You sure you don't want to go up there?" he asks.

"Positive. I don't want to make a fool out of myself."

He chuckles lightly. "You won't. Pick a song that best fits you."

"I don't think people would want me singing Firework by Katy Perry."

"Oh, is a firework going to pop out of your chest?"

We both laugh a little. "Shut up."

The crowd starts clapping as the girls bow.

Soon, a guy walked onto stage. "It's time for intermission. We'll be right back."

The waiter came out with our food. I took a bite out of my sandwich.

Justin smiled at me. "You got a little lettuce---"

I took the lettuce off of my face and placed it on my plate. "I'm glad this isn't a date."

"Even if it was, I wouldn't mind you eating like a normal person."

"Normal people don't eat like pigs."

"What world are you living in?"

A boy got on stage. He had curly black hair and brown eyes. He was wearing a black button down shirt with a tie. He smiled at the crowd as he sat down and fixed the mircophone to match his height. He introduces himself and then he begins to speak. His poem was about someone he met a long time ago. He mentioned that she left a mark on him even though it wasn't intentionally. Justin was in really interested in what he said to say.

I wanted a refill so I was looking around for the waiter. While I was doing that, my eyes landed on someone. A familiar face. A way too familiar face.

"Would you like some more lemonade?" I heard the waiter ask.

I just nodded as she took the glass from me.

"Lucy, you alright?" Justin whispered.

The person I was looking at, turned with a smile on his face. I could see his face clearly. "No.."

"What?" he turned around,"You know him?"

"Why is he here?"

"Who is he, Lucy?"

"Can we please leave?"

"I have to pay for the food."

"Okay, just pay. I'll be out by the car."

I got up quickly and made my way towards the main door and walked out. I inhaled deeply as I stopped in front of Justin's car.

"Lucy." I jumped as I turned to see him. "I know that ass when I see it." He smiled his devil smile at me.

I rolled my eyes as I tried to catch my breath, "What do you want, Sean?"

"Nothing. I came here with a few friends."

"Why didn't you just go to the one in SD?"

"They closed it down. They're putting up a new bar there."

"Okay, that's nice. Can you leave me alone now?"

He walked closer to me and I took a few steps back. "I'm not here to hurt you, Lucy."

"That's really funny because you hurt me mentally and physically."

"Everything healed."

"I'm surprised you're not in jail. Or am I the only girl you beat up?"

"You tested me. That's why you got hit. But I'm different now. I'll take more care of you from now on." ----

Justin's POV.

I waited for the waiter and she sat the glass on the table.

"Hey sorry, beautiful, but she wanted to leave. Any chance I could have the bill?"

"That's what I figured." She chuckled lightly and handed me the bill.

I dig in my pocket for my wallet. I open it, leaving the money on the table with a tip.

"Hope you come back." she said, smiling at me.

"I hope so too." I walked away, winking at her.

I opened the door and walked outside. Lucy was talking to a dark figure. 

I walk over with my hands in my pockets. "Lucy." 

She looked at me and I could tell she was scared. I could see the guy now. His dark hair and eyes gave him a shady look. He wore a brown and white beaded necklace.

He chuckled lightly. "Who's this? Your new boyfriend?" he asks.

"Actually--"

"Yes, he is."

I froze.

I looked at her with wide eyes and confusion. She leaned in closer to me. She locked her arm with mines, while I was still looking at her.

"Well. I'm glad to see you moved on." Sean says.

Now, I know who this was; the asshole who hit her.

"I didn't know you were interested in the rich white boys."

I stare at him. "I'm middle class actually."

"Nice car. If you were middle class, I don't think you'd be able to afford a Fisker Karma."

"It was a gift."

"You can just say you stole it, it's okay. --- I'll see you soon, Lucy." He winks at her and walks off.

I pushed her off of me lightly. "Your boyfriend?! Seriously?!"

"I panicked, I'm sorry." She starts to cry and walk away.

I groaned. "Where are you going?"

"I don't even know!" She leans against a building. She falls down to the ground. She let out soft, quiet sobs. "I lied."

I walk over to where she is. I look down at her. "About what?"

"My dad hitting me. Sean did. He slapped me, punched, and kicked me. He told me he loved me and I--I guess I just made him upset." I sighed and I sat down next to her.

"That wasn't your fault, Lucy."

She took a deep breath. "He never told me it wasn't," She looked at me with tears rolling down her face, "I am a victim, Justin. A victim of domestic violence. I'm fucked up..mentally."

I stared at her. I did feel bad but I knew the last thing she wanted was symphathy.

"I don't know what it's like to be told something and to have the opposite happen. He fucked you over and I get that. Lucy, you're going to meet so many guys before you find the one you're going to be with forever. And I know I'm an asshole who fucks girls over but when I tell you I won't fuck you over, I mean that."

"How am I supposed to believe that?"

"Well, you just opened up to me, I think that's a start."

"Thank you." She leaned and hugged me.

I hestitated but then I wrapped my arms around her, hugging her. She was damaged and I knew that this bet was going to make it even worse if she finds out about it.