Best Damn Thing.

I decided to let everyone stay while I went for a walk. I needed to clear my mind of everything. I didn't want to believe that Luke was lying to me. I trusted him. I mean, not more than I trusted Justin but I trusted him.

I didn't know where I was walking to either.  I just sat on the bench and just let the wind hit my face. I heard a car parking in front of me. I opened my eyes to see Sean getting out of the car. I got up quickly, walking away from him. He stopped a few inches away from me.

"Lucy. How are you on this beautiful day?"

"Get the hell away from me." I say sharply.

"I just wanna talk."

"Talk? We have nothing to talk about."

"I just want to apologize to the kid, alright? I was drunk, angry and jealous."

"We all know what happens when you get drunk. You've made that clear."

"Lucy, just give me another chance. I'm trying to change."

"Everything that comes out of your mouth is bullshit."

He took a deep sigh. "How is he doing?"

"He's healing." "And what about you?"

"I'm better off." I rolled my eyes and walked away.

Sean was losing whatever it was he had and that's why he's back. I know his whole game. I'm too smart now to even fall for anything he says. I walked inside my house to see them singing and dancing. I laughed as I watched them. Justin walked over and pulled me to dance.

"No, no." He twirls me around and continues to dance.

Everyone started surrounding me, waiting for me to join. The door opens and my mom looks at us, confused.

"Hey Mom." I said as Chaz turns down the music.

"Having fun?" She walks into the kitchen, laughing.

"Better get home. I can't be late for dinner." Ryan says, walking towards the door.

Chaz follows him, still dancing. I giggle softly and Justin stands in the door way.

"Uh, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah."

He smiles at me and walks away. All three of them start dancing and I giggle softly as I close the door. 

  Next day at school,  I was more focused on my school work. I couldn't think about Luke or Sean right now. I opened my locker and put my books in there.

"I didn't see you this morning." I looked up to see Luke.

"How was it with your sister?"

"Fun. She flew here all the way from London, Lucy. I couldn't just leave her there."

"I'm not upset. You're fine." I closed my locker and started walking outside to the court yard.

I sat down at the table with Vinny and he sat across from me.

"You don't sound fine." Luke says.

"I am, okay? I just need some space."

Vinny coughs a little.

Luke just sighs. "I'll call you later then." He gets up from the table and walks away.

"Trouble in paradise?"

"I guess you could say that."

"Hm. How are you and Justin by the way? Everything's okay?"

"Yeah, were cool. Just...cool." I sighed, knowing that I was still thinking about Sean. 

 After school, I went straight home. No stops. I made my way down in the basement. I turned on my IPod and started singing Royals by Lorde. I started to clean up the basement a little. I wasn't really interested in cleaning but I stopped me from thinking. The song changes and I start dancing and singing. I was listening to the lyrics very closely as they related to my situation right now. I turned to see Justin on the stairs, smiling at me. "Keep going."

I sighed and sat down in a chair as he made his way down. "You're cleaning?"

"It helped clear my mind."

"I'm totally against saying this but Luke didn't mean to hurt you even though he's a total dick."

"He's not a dick."

"He's into older woman, Lucy."

I turn to him."What?"

"He just wants to get you in bed. His friends told me."

"No, Luke isn't like you. He's different."

"Like me? I don't fuck 40 year old women."

"You would if she looked 20."

He scoffs. "Are you seriously taking his side right now? You don't even know this guy! And you're going chosing his words over mine?"

"He hasn't said anything to make me think he's different."

"Because he's a player just like me! Of course he isn't going to say shit to make you think he's not a player. That's how we work!"

"I don't believe you."

"Lucy," he walks over to me, looking at me. "Would I lie to you? Just answer that question."

"I don't know.." I looked into his eyes for a second.

I wanted to cry all of sudden. I felt like my heart was going to drop and stop working all of sudden. I begin to cry very slowly.

"Why do I keep meeting assholes? It's like they follow me everywhere!" I wiped my face a little and he just stared at me.

"I know but I don't want to hurt you, I really don't."

"That's what everone says right before they do it."

He leaned in closer and I just stared at him. He lifted my chin a little with his finger and his lips touch mine softly. He kisses me again and again.  

I pulled away slowly."Justin.."

He looked at me with disappointment in his eyes, "I'm sorry. I..I gotta go."

He walked away, heading upstairs. I touched my lips a little, still feeling a little shocked.

"That was nice." I whispered to myself.