Coward.

After my little altercation with Luke, I went back to her house. I knew it was a bad idea. But I had a lot to say.

Was I going to tell her about the bet? No, not yet. The time wasn't right. She hated me, so should I make it worse?
I didn't even know what to do. I was so confused.

----

She opened the door and stood there, looking at me. She had on a tank top with her fitted shorts. Her hair was in a bun. She still looked upset.

"Can I come in?" I asked her.

"I'm heading to bed. We can talk tomorrow."

She closes the door.

I stopped it with my foot, pushing the door open a little more with my hand. "Please."

She sighed. "You have 5 minutes."

She moved out of the way so I could walk in.

She closes the door and folds her arms. "You better start talking."

"I'm sorry for being a dick. I can't help it."

"It's in your blood, I know."

"It's just, I love you and I hate seeing you with a guy like Luke."

"It's not like you can do better. You lied to me."

I froze as my heart starts racing. "I did?"

"You went to Prom with Isabella. That's how you fucked her, right?"

"Lucy," I lean a little closer to her and she takes a step back. "I'm sorry."

"You could've just told me you were going with her instead of making up some lie. I'm not like the other girls you messed around with, Justin. It'd be nice if you were just honest with me."

Honest?

"You're right. You are different and I'm sorry that I lied to you."

"Justin...you only care about yourself. I don't think you'll ever know what it's like to care for someone other than yourself."

I scoff lightly. "But I care for you."

"And you're really not succeeding at it."

"So, that's it? You're done?" She took a deep breath and I chuckled lightly, "Fine. We'll just go our separate ways. Everything will go back to normal."

I opened the door and walked out. A part of me wanted to be sad and I was. I lost a great girl and even though she didn't know about the bet, it was over.

------

Next day at school, I tried to avoid her. I kept a smile on my face so no one would know anything was wrong with me. I sat down next to Chaz and he looked at me, confused.

"You alright?" he asks.

I looked at him with a smirk on my face. "I'm wonderful."

He looked at me as I looked back at Ms. Mitchell. My smile disappears.

I sighed. "She's done with me." I whispered to him.

"For good? Did you tell her?"

"Yeah. She hates me."

I lied but I had to. It was the only way to get this bet over so she would never even know it happened.

"Dude, that's insane. Why would you tell her?"

"I thought you wanted me to?"

"I'd rather she hear it from you than Ryan."

"Well, it's over now so."