Things Never Change.

I made my way to the bathroom.

I stared at myself in the mirror.

I wasn't like this with Sean. So, what the hell was so different about them? I heard the stall door open as I wiped my face. I looked up to see Caitlin. How perfect.

She walked over to the sinks and turns the knob to turn on the water. She squeezed soap onto her hand, putting both hands in the water. I was waiting for her to say something. She always had something to say.

"Lucy, isn't it?" she asked.

See? I just nod, feeling annoyed and hurt.

"I heard you and J broke up." She continues.

"We were never really together." I said to her.

She watched me, confused. "So, if he fucked someone else, that wouldn't hurt you?"

"No. But it obviously would hurt you because you're here bothering me for what? If you want him, go get him, instead of annoying me."

I turned to her and she rolled her eyes. Caitlin could never pull that sweet girl routine. She was too much of a bitch. She walks out and I turn back to the mirror. I heard the toliet flush and the door opens. I turned, scared to see who it was. It was a girl with black hair and she looked Japanese almost. She had purple and light blue streaks in her hair. She had on a purple hat and a varsity jacket. Her black jeans fit her perfectly.

"The famous Lucy." she said with a smile on her face.

"Famous?" I asked.

"Im surprised to see you crying. I thought you and Justin would be the power couple."

She totally lost me. Who was she?

"Power couple? Who are you?"

"Tamika. In charge of the Mafia."

"Ohh. The Japanese Mafia. I heard about it."

"Yes. Im very close friends with him. Care to explain what happened?" She walked over to me.

"Everything is just too complicated."

"Even if you tried to work it out?"

"I guess so." We heard a knock at the door. Our heads turn and we walk out. A tall boy wearing a black polo shirt with khakis stood there. I was guessing he was a part of the Mafia.

"They're expelling Justin." he said, calmly.

"What?!" we both yelled.

"I heard something about a possession of weed."

"He's not the only kid here selling weed though." she tells him.

I look over to see Justin at his locker. I left them to run over to him. He looks up and sighs. He was putting his stuff in his locker.

"It's not your fault." he said before I could say anything.

"Huh?" I whispered.

"I think it's time I start fresh."

"You'll have to go in front of the school board though."

"We'll all just leave if you're leaving." Tamika says, walking over.

He chuckles lightly, "You don't have to do that." He closes his locker and puts his bag on his back.

"Watch us." She walks away.

Tamika was a very serious person. I never really seen her smile. I looked back at him and he looks at me for a second. My eyes land on Tamika who was standing in the back, trying to not let Justin see her.

"Talk to him!" she mouthed as she walked away for good.

"Justin, I just want to tell you that---"

"No, no. I want to let you know that whoever new comes into your life, I'll be happy for you."

"No. That's not what I want."

"It's what I want for you."

"You don't get it. I can't get over you. No matter how hard I try."

"I guess we'll just have to try very hard then."

I wanted to scream. So loud so that Europe could hear me.

"Do you not love me?"

"That's why I'm saying this; I want the best for you and if it's not me then so be it." He leaned down to kiss me on my cheek softly.

Was that the last? I wanted to fix this. I had to. He looks at me before he walks away. He pauses and his eyes widen. I walk over to him to see Tamika standing in front of him.

"You're not done." she said.

I looked at her, confused. She frowns, "Just kiss and be together. It's not that complicated!"

"You don't get it, Ta--" He begins.

"Oh, I do. Until you absolutely have a good reason not to be together, just keep dating. People are going to tell you shit over and over because they're jealous." He opens his mouth to say something again and she continues, "Im not done. Lucy, you're the first girl to ever catch the heart of this guy. I never seen you this happy with Caitlin. Take advantage of this."

The bell rings and the doors open. The halls were flooded with people and their chants. I wasn't sure what they were saying. I just felt the touch of Justin's hand touch mine. I looked up and he just smiles a little at me. He pulls me over to a corner, away from the crowd.

"You don't have to be with me because Tamika told you to." I tell him.

"I was going to ask you what you want." he says.

I paused. "Oh. You know what I want but I don't think you know what you want."

"I don't. That's why I have to be away from you to figure it out for myself, Luce." I sighed.

I looked down at my shoes and back up at him. "I'll be waiting for you then."

He kissed me passionately on my lips. He pulls away and stares into my eyes for a second.

"Lucy!" someone yelled. I heard a few gasps and screams. We look outside and my eyes widen.