Gone.

I wiped my eyes with a cloth.

I squeezed my damp hair with a towel and sat it on the sink. 

I watched him as I sat down on his bed.

He looks at me with his big brown eyes. 

His IPod plays a song by Bruno Mars on his IHome. 

He played with his fingers a little as I continued to watch him. 

"We weren't supposed to be speaking." He says, not looking up at me anymore. I looked around his room for a second and then my eyes landed on him.

"Why not?" I asked him.

"I'm not good for you, Lucy. This, what we have, might be special but I don't think we were meant to be." He motions his hand back and forth, pointing at me. He bites his bottom lip and I sat there.

It hurt badly to hold back tears.

"Why do you think that?" I sigh deeply.

"Because were just--two different people. You want someone loyal and I'm not that."

I stared at him. Why was he telling me this again? I felt my heart drop to my stomach and stomach drops somewhere else. I felt a sharp pain and I laid down a little.

"I'm always going to be that asshole, Luce. I'm not changing."

I took small deep breaths.

"So, you're---saying you'd cheat on me?"

"I wouldn't, no. If I do, it'll be a mistake."

"Why are you saying this?"

"Because Luke made--"

"Luke?!" I lift myself up and he sighs. "I thought you weren't speaking to him."

"He came by to see you at the hospital."

"You don't get it!" I got up and growled.

"Luke wants you to think like this! He doesn't like you."

"Luc---"

"No! He wants me and all of the other cougars out there. And you're giving up me that easily."

"You think this is easy for me?! I'm in love with you, Lucy. Nothing about what I'm doing is easy!"

"Then just le--"

We both heard the door creek open. We turn to see his mom walking in. She had on a grey t-shirt with the word Paris in black letters with blue jeans and slippers. That was most normal I've ever seen her. She had a tray in her hand that had sandwiches and chips with a two cups of water.

"Everything okay?" 

"Yeah, Mom. Were fine." He nods.

She looks over at me, smiling. "I brought you a sandwich. It's your favorite."

She hands me the tray.

I smile, taking it from her. "Thank you." She smiles, walking out.

I sat the tray on his bed and looks up at him.

He shook his head slowly. "Maybe Luke is the right one for you. I mean, that accent really does gives him an unfair advantage." He says to me.

"So do you! Your singing, your charm, your...everything."

I look down at my feet, feeling dizzy. I look at him and his eyes glisten. 

"My everything?"

"Yeah, Justin. It's not your looks. It's about what you say that wins these girls over."

"And what did I say to win you over?"

"Nothing. I liked you for your personality." I grabbed my bag and made my way towards his bed room door. He grabs the door with his arm above me. I turn to look at him and he looks down at me.

"We can't do this and you know that."

"No, I don't."

"It's best for us."

"If you think so." I felt the tears building up and building up.

"I just don't want to be complicated."

"Right. So, just friends."

"Yeah." He nods.

I motion my body towards the door. He pulls me back a little, pulling me closer to him. I felt my heart breaking a little. He rubs my face with his thumb softly.

"I love you." He whispers before placing his soft lips against mine.

I closed my eyes, realizing this was the last time I was going to be able to do this. He pulls away and I open my eyes slowly. 

"I love you too."