Now That I'm Taken.

I walked inside the room.

My stomach was doing twists and turns.

I looked around for her.

Caitlin, I meant.

She was laying on the bed. I walked over to her. She looked horrible. She had a few cuts and bruises on her face. Oh god, imagine when she wakes up from this. She's going to have a heart attack and end up right back here. 

She had a breathing mask on and her eyes were closed. Her arm had a bandage wrapped around it. I sat down in the chair next to the bed and waited for her to wake up.

"Caitlin?" I whispered.

No answer. I did hate Caitlin, I did. But seeing her die is something that I really didn't want to see. I sighed, knowing she wasn't going to answer.

"I know you can't probably hear me but just, don't die on me, okay? I have to tell you one last thing. I lov--"

The door opens which throws me off. Ryan and Chaz walk in.

"Oh jesus. She's going to die when she sees her face." Chaz whispers.

"Said the same thing." I snicker.

"Doctors won't know when she'll wake up man. She's in a very deep coma." Ryan tells me.

"Let's just pray for her alright?"

"Deal."

  Lucy's POV

I was waiting for Justin. We were supposed to hang out tonight and just relax and talk. Just a normal night. I laid there on my bed, flipping my phone on my stomach, waiting for him to call. Arden walked in and jumped on my bed.

"You okay?" she asks.

"Justin hasn't called me yet."

"Maybe he's still at the hospital. No one ever gets reception at the hospital."

"True. I hope Caitlin is okay."

"Didn't really know her but me too." Before I could say something my phone ringed. I answered it quickly.

"Justin? Oh hey, Mom. ---- Where? Is Jade going with you?--- Uh, Justin and I are going to hang out tonight. Alright, love you." I hung up and sighed. "Why won't he call?"

"Somebody's in love." she sings and hops off my bed.

"No. Just.. shut up."

"Got it." She walks out, laughing. I groan, tossing over. 

   Next morning, I woke up in my clothes.

"I slept through the whole night?"

I grabbed my phone and Justin still didn't call. No text either. Nada. I brushed it off and got ready for school. 

 When I arrived, I didn't see Ryan or Chaz. I waited by Justin's locker and the bell rings just as I waited. I look up to see Justin. He looked like he hasn't slept in hours. His eyes were red and his hair was messy. He had on sweat pants, sagging them a little, and his favorite jock jacket.

"Hey. Is everything okay? You didn't call me."

"Can I get to my locker, please?" he said in a flat tone.  

"Oh." I moved and he opens his locker, stuffing his books inside.

"Justin, what happened?"

"Nothing."

"I'm convinced that's not true."

"She's lying on a hospital bed with a breathing machine, blood on her face, bruises, and a broken arm. Oh, let me not forget, she's in a coma. Trust me, nothing happened." He snapped.

"Did you stay there all night?"

"Yeah, almost didn't make it."

"So, if nothing happened, you couldn't text me?"

He slams his locker shut. "Lucy. My phone died. I'm sorry but right now, I'm worried about Caitlin."

"Oh. To the point where you put your girlfriend on hold? That's wonderful."

"I'm not putting you on hold. My phone died."

"How do I know how that Caitlin is alive and you're just lying?"

"What the fuc--Why would I lie about that?"

"Because you're not over her."

I walked away from him. A part of me wanted to cry and another part of me just wanted for everything to be okay.