Look Up.

I made my way through the crowd to see people looking at the street.

I see Arden standing there, eyes widen. The car was close to hitting her. It stopped just a few centimeters from her.

The person, who was the driver, got out.

They turned and I sighed.

I didn't know if I was in trouble. Or he wanted to come check on his best employee. Used to be anyway.

I walked over to his car and I could feel Justin staring.

"Why are you here?" I asked him.

"Heard you were in the hospital." Sean said, rubbing the back of his head. He did that when he got nervous. And that was rarely.

"Yeah. I was."

Arden walked over and she looked at him, angrily.

"You could've killed me." She said through clenched teeth.

"Im sorry. ---Are you having a protest?" He looks behind us and we both shake our heads. I watched his eyes. They landed on Justin, I could tell. I turned to see Tyler.

"Is that Tyler? Ty Goodman?" he asked, walking towards him. Tyler just stood there and nods. Tyler and Sean were friends back in SD.

"It's been a while man."

Tyler didn't speak. He just smiled and nodded.

"He lost his voice." Arden jumped in.

I felt nauseous all of sudden. I leaned on Arden and Sean turned back to us.

"Well uh, it was great seeing you."

He walks back over. "If you're interested--" 

"No." I cut him off.

He scoffs lightly. "I didn't finish."

"Don't care."

"I was gonna ask you on a date." I froze.

I look up at him and even Arden was staring at him confused.

"Well, not a date. There's some things I need to explain. To the both of you. Mostly you, Lucy."

I looked over at Justin. "I can't. I uh," Justin shook his head. He licked his lips and looked up at me. 

"Go." he mouthed to me. I looked at him, confused.

"Fine, I'll go." I told Sean.

I guess he wanted me to date other people. I told him I would always be here, that I would never leave. I couldn't give that up; not now.