Studio.

I stood there.

I wasn't scared of him or his crew. 

Ryan and Chaz stood there behind me, facing him. 

Lucy walked in front of me and he sighed.

"Why are you here?" she asked him.

"To see you. Figured he walked out on you." he looks at me and I shook my head, looking away for a few seconds.

"No. He actually stayed and I'm glad he did."

"You can't trust everyone, Lucy."

"Well, I trust him." Camille walked out of the building looking at us.

"Lucy, we need you."

"I have to go."

She grabs me by my arm and we walk back into the building. With the talent show only 2 weeks away, I wasn't sure if I was going to be okay with Sean around.

I walked inside in the house. I heard music playing softly from the living room. I made my way into the living room to see my mom, drinking a glass of wine as the soft melody music played. She was staring at the floor and I noticed the wine bottle sitting on the floor, in front of the couch. I walked over to the stereo and turned the music down. I looked at her as she slowly looked up.

"I was listening to that." she manages to say.

"It's depressing."

"That's the whole point." she smiles as she takes another sip.

I took a deep breath and walked over to her. I took the glass out of her hand and she scoffs, reaching for it.

"No!"

"Give me that glass!"

I walked into the kitchen and I heard her whine and scream. I poured the wine down the drain and then all of sudden, I heard soft crying. I walked back into the living room to see her holding her head in her hands.

"Mom."

"I'm so sorry, Justin. I should've told you."

"Mom."

"He came over to see you and you weren't here and I just, I don't know."

"You two have been hanging out. I get it."

"Is that your way of saying it?"

"You two have been hooking up? That's gross."

She looks at me, tears still rolling down her face. As much as I wanted to comfort her, I couldn't.

"You didn't know how to tell me. It's fine. I don't really care."

I made my way upstairs to think of how this whole talent show thing was going to go. A few hours ago later, I was joined by Chaz and Ryan.

"Bad news, J." Chaz begins.

I look at them, "It can't be worse than knowing that both of your parents, who are divorced, are hooking up behind your back."

"Your Dad is back?" Ryan asks.

"Long story, man. What's the news?"

"The talent show is off. Principal found some uh,  stuff in the bathroom and he's cancelling all activities." Chaz looks at Ryan and back at me. 

"What? What stuff?" 

"Our stuff."

"Why would you hide in the bathroom?"

"I didn't! People hide it in there. Like in the walls and shit. It's cool."

I shake my head, "How am I going to win her now?"

"How about that dinner you were talking about? You could sing it to her then." Ryan says.

"Since when do you have a heart?" I look at him, confused.

"Look, take the idea or don't. I don't care."

"Alright. I have to get this ready then."

"We'll let her know tomorrow night."

I felt nervous all of sudden. I was scared she was going to say no.

   Lucy's POV

 Arden and I were playing video games. It was actually a chill night for us. I didn't want to worry about anything right now. Especially Justin or Sean. Mostly Sean.

The door bell rings which makes her groan and pause the game. She gets up and opens the door. I look over to see Ryan and Chaz walking in with smiles on their faces. I stood up and they were wearing tuxedos. Arden folds her arms, looking at them, confused.

"What are you freaks up to?" she asks them.

"Lucy. You have been invited to Fallen Leaf Lake Campground for tomorrow night." Chaz says to me.

"Accept this by answering yes or no." Ryan says next.

"A camp? For what?" I ask them.

"Just say yes." Chaz says through clenched teeth.

"Or we wore these tuxs for nothing."

"Do I have to dress up? Or should I just go there in camp attire?"

"A casual dress is fine." Ryan nods.

"I'm scared." Arden whispers to me.

"Will you guys be there?"

"If you want, sure."

"Cool then. Maybe I'm getting a prize."

"A prize, right. Something like that." Ryan shakes his head, smiling.

They both smile at me as Arden and I stood there, confused. I wasn't sure what I was going to get out of this but they were going too so, I guess I was safe.