Bad Day.

Lucy's POV

I was speechless.

I didn't know what to say.

I mean, what was I supposed to say? What did this mean for me and him now? Were we over? If he didn't know, from the beginning, I was just a bet and now I'm what? I was just a decoy. A decoy for him to now realize he should've stayed with Caitlin. I got up from the floor and walked into the kitchen. He followed me and looked at me, worried with his big brown eyes.

"Lucy."

I ignored him as I grabbed a mug from the cabinet. I walked over to the refrigerator and grabbed the milk jug. I sat it on the counter and he sighed.

"What are you doing?"

"Getting milk for the cookies." I poured the milk in the cup and put the top back on.

"Lucy, I'm sorry, okay?"

"I can't believe you said that tome."

"It's true, isn't it? I was just sayin what I was thinking."

"And you shouldn't have said it out loud."

"I said I was sorry."

"Yeah, after you said it!"

He leaned against the wall. "You're making it seem like if you go back to him, he'll fuck Arden next."

I froze and looked at him. He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath.

"I didn't--"

"After tonight, you can leave." I put the milk in the refrigerator.

"What do you mean?"

"Leave. As in for good. We can walk away as if we never knew each other. Complete strangers."

I walked past him and I sat down on the couch. I grabbed the cookies and dipped one of them in the milk. I felt like my heart was just ripped out of my body and my whole body just shut down. I was dead. He walked out of the kitchen, looking at me. I could tell he was upset and sorry. I looked away and just started smiling at Chaz. That was it, it was over. For good.

------

Next day, I found an gym. It was pretty old. The walls were cracked a little. It smelled of sweat and flowers. Not a good combination. I decided that if I was going to get over Justin, I needed a distraction. I walked in a room with three big mirrors. No one was in here and I turned on the light. I plugged in my phone and played some music. I streched first as the song played a little. I rememberred the dance from when I made it when I was younger.

I heard the door open and I looked over to see Arden and Chaz. I stopped dancing and turned around.

"You brought him?"

He threw his hands up, "What did I do?"

"You didn't say none of his friends. You just said him." Arden says, walking towards me. "Lucy, are you sure about this with him?"

"Him who?" I ask. 

"Justin." they both say.

"Never heard of the guy."

I walked away and continued to dance.

"Wow, she's serious." Chaz whispers.

"You guys did not do all of that just so she can sit here and pretend to forget him."

"Maybe it's best."

"What?"

"Maybe Justin is supposed to be with Caitlin."

She hits him and he groans in pain." What the hell is your problem?"

She walks out the room.

--

Justin's POV

I sat there on the couch in sweat pants and a Drake t-shirt. I picked up the spoon and put a load of cereal in my mouth. I was watching Contracted on Netflix. My mom walks downstairs in a black dress with heels. She was putting on her earrings and I start laughing at a scene.

"What the hell are you watching?" she leans over to glance at the TV.

"A scary movie on Netflix. She's uh, decomposing." I tell her, smiling.

"What's so funny about that?"

"I figured I'd go back to my old self. Scary movies always make me laugh."

"Justin," She walks over to me. I scoot over so she can sit down, "When she said complete strangers, she didn't mean go back to being 13."

I scoff lightly. "Mom."

"Fine, fine. I'm gone." She gets up and heads toward the door, grabbing her purse.

"Have a good meeting."

"I'll try. Love you."

"Love you too."

She walks out closing the door behind her. Before I could continue to laugh, the door bell rings. I got up to walk over to the door.

"Mom, what did you leave?" I open the door to see Caitlin.

"Oh, it's you. What's up?"

"I have to ask you something."

I felt my stomach drop. Literally. I think it was the cereal. I've been eating it for hours.

"What?"

"How would you like to go on a date? With me, just us?"

I stared at her, confused. A date.

"A date?"

"Yeah. I figured since you're single and were pretty much confused."

"You want to be confused together?"

"Yes, you get it!"

I felt naeuous all of sudden. It was coming back and I threw up on the porch, right in front of her. I coughed a little and more just kept coming.

"Oh, Justin!" she yells. 

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay, you didn't get me."

"No, I mean, I'm sorry. I can't go on a date with you. I can't stop thinking about her even if I do still care about you." --