Strange Feelings.

Once I got home, I laid down in my bed. I took a deep breath and tried to think about how Lucy opened up to me tonight. I would be hurting an innocent girl if she fell for me. I still had 3 months left. But I was worried.

I heard a few noises downstairs. I got up slowly. I grabbed my bat and I heard footsteps.

"Justin?"

I sighed out of relief. "I was going to hit you."

"You alright?" my mom asked, looking at me confused.

"I don't know." I put the bat down and laid back on the bed.

"Hey so. When can I meet that Lucy girl?"

I closed my eyes. "Whenever you decide to actually stay home long enough for her to get to know you."

She scoffs lightly. "I'm sorry if I want to keep meals on the table for you, J."

"I didn't mean it like that."

"It's fine, sweetie. I'll let you know when I have a free day, okay? I promise." She walks out and I groan.

My phone rings and I reach for it.

I answered it, "Hello?"

"Hey, I got a date with Clarissa." Chaz says.

"And I should ca--Clarissa?"

"Yeah. The one with big boobs but no personality."

"I thought she transferred to that school in San Diego?"

"Oh no. That's Cassie, her sister."

"Huh. So, how'd you score a date with her?"

"My sense of humor, duh."

My phone beeps and I look at it to see Ryan was calling, "Ryan's calling." I switch it to three way, "Hello douche bag. ---- Hello? Hel..lo?"

"Oh my bad. I thought you were talking to yourself when you said douche bag."

They both laugh.

"Yeah, yeah. Funny." I say in an annoyed tone.

"Yo, I was thinking we head up to Canada for Spring Break." Ryan suggests.

"Home town for a whole week?" Chaz asks.

"Yeah and maybe Justin can bring Lucy."

"No, bad call." I say quickly.

"Why?" Ryan asks.

"You have to call off this bet."

"Fuck no! You can't back out."

"I can't hurt her either. She's...already fucked up and you want me to make it worse."

"So what? All the girls you fuck are fucked up mentally."

"Not quite. Lucy...she's..she's different."

"Lucy's different? Do you hear this Chaz?"

Chaz snickers. "I'm not a part of this."

"I sense a little bit of feelings here, Biebs."

"Just sympathy."

"That too. Once a bet has been set, it's set. You'll win this if you don't fall for her."

"That'll be easy. I can't date a girl who's fucked up anyways." I shake my head.

"You two need Jesus. Even if she is fucked up that shouldn't stop you." Chaz says.

"Ooh, listen to Chaz giving advice." Chaz was right. But I couldn't do it.

"I'll see you losers tomorrow." ----