Isabella.

Lucy.

I stared at myself in the mirror. Arden played music from her IHome to calm me down. She dances around me and I shook my head. I took my rollers out my hair, letting my curls fall.

"This doesn't say boyfriend/girlfriend dress, does it?" I asked her.

She continues dancing, "No. It says casual."

"Okay, good." I grabbed my jacket and headed downstairs.

I felt someone hitting on my butt. I turned to see Jade.

"Can you give this to Justin?" She handed me a little folded sheet.

"Yeah, sure."

I put the sheet in my jacket pocket and my mom walks out of the kitchen.

"Are you sure this isn't a date?" she asks.

I groaned. "Yes. Don't make me anymore nervous than I already am."

"You're right. Oh, here." She runs back in the kitchen and brings me a container.

"What's this?"

"Cookies."

"For Justin!" Jade yells, smiling.

"Justin this, Justin that. You guys just won't quit, will you?" They all shake their heads. "Fine." I walk out the door. 

 I arrived to his house. I didn't want to greet him with a kiss so I just smiled at him.

"Oh. These are for you." I handed him the container of cookies.

"I'll go sit them down." He walks away.

I stood there in the living room, nervous. My hands were really sweaty. I wiped them off on my jacket as I tried to take deep breaths. I went inside the living room and sat down on the couch.

"She's downstairs getting drinks. She's making margaritas tonight." He says as he sits down next to me. "Breathe, Lucy."

"What do you mean? I am breathing. Oh," I reached in my pocket for Jade's sheet. I handed it to him, "Here. It's from your baby."

He smiles as he unfolds it. I was still looking around.

"Aw, she's adorable." He shows me the paper. It was a picture of him and her, holding hands.

"Why didn't you invite her? She acts more like a girlfriend."

"Do I sense some jealousy?" He leans onto me, kissing my neck.

I giggle softly, "Stop!"

"Justin!" We both freeze.

"Yeah?"

"Dinner's ready!"

"Come on." He grabbed my hand, pulling me to the kitchen. --------

Arden was playing games with Chaz at Ryan's house. Ryan was pacing back and forth.

"Why isn't he answering?" Ryan asks, still walking.

"He's with Lucy, dude." Chaz says, dancing to the music, waiting for Arden to take her turn.

"Tomorrow were going dress shopping for Prom."

Ryan froze. "I thought she wasn't going."

"No. Her and Justin are going together."

Ryan stood there. He took a deep breath and walked away into the kitchen. "I'll be back."

Chaz walks into the kitchen. "Whatever you're thinking, don't do it."

"Don't do what?"

"I see those gears grinding in your head. Don't screw this up for him."

"I'm not. I'm just going to give Isabella a call."

"Don't use the hottest girl against him."

"Fine."

"Ryan, leave him alone."

"I said fine." He walks away and Chaz still felt unsure of him.

-----

Justin's POV

Lucy and my mom were talking while I was eating. I sat there, watching them bond. I got a text and I opened it. It was from Isabella. I was shocked by the text that I looked up instantly.

"What's wrong?" Lucy asks as her smile goes away.

"Nothing. Excuse me." I got up from the table and I called Ryan.

"When you were going to tell me that you and Lucy were going to Prom together?" Ryan answers.

"When the time was right, man."

"There is no perfect time!"

"I thought you said this bet wasn't going to determine our friendship."

"Its not but I don't like the fact that you're making these Prom plans when you know there's a bet going on."

"I didn't want her to go alone."

"She's a independent girl, she doesn't need you!"

I hung up and I sighed. In some way, he was right. She doesn't need me. 

----

Next day at school, I met with Shawn in the music room. We were trying out different songs on the piano. I was singing Cooler Than Me by Mike Posner. He was dancing and singing along. I laughed at him as he was dancing. I saw the door open and I saw Isabella. She was talking to one of her friends. I took my focus off of her and continued to sing. I looked back over at her and she looked at me. She signaled for me to follow her, walking out the room.

I stopped playing. "I'll be back, Shawn. Rest room break."

"Got you."

I got up and walked out. I looked around the hallway for her and she pulled me in a corner.

"Did you get my text?"

I looked her up and down. "Hm. Yes."

"Did you like what you see?"

"..Yeah." I was still watching her body.

"Well. Maybe you can see it in person on Prom Night."

My smile went away. "Prom?"

"Yeah. I was wondering if we could go together."

Oh shit.

"Me and...you? At Prom?"

"What do you say?"

I bit my lip, hestiating. "Yeah, yeah. Sure."

"Good." She kissed my cheek softly and walked away.

"Oh, fuck me." I walked out of the corner and I see Chaz.

"You two didn't---"

"No. --- I wish. She wants me to go to Prom with her."

"But you're going with Lucy."

"Do you think you can take Arden somewhere and invite Lucy? This is my one chance with Isabella?"

"Dude, no!"

"Help me, help you."

"You're in love with this girl and you're about to lie to her for another girl that you can get any day of the fucking week."

"I'm new to this, alright?!"

"Yeah, you're damn right about that. ---- She's going dress shopping after school, Justin. Imagine her finding the perfect dress and then knowing she's not even going to be able to wear it."

"Fine. I won't go then. Let Ryan take her."

"Oh, hell no. I'll take her and Arden."

"Why?"

"Because your friend Ryan is going crazy. "

I roll my eyes. "He's upset about this bet thing."

"I think you should tell her before Ryan does. Because that's exactly what he's planning." ---