chapter 24

Nandini's room

Manik Entered nandini's room to see her sitting on the swing in her open air balcony, looking aimlessly at the sky. He goes behind her silently and swings her.
She looks up at him, surprised to see him but smiles none the less.

N : manik, here this late

M : why are you still awake princess? Shouldn't u be happy what u wanted finally u got.

Nandini smiles and holds his hand. Manik entwining their fingers together. He rests his chin on her forehead, finally sharing a blissful moment after all the chaos of the day.

N : I am happy

M : but

N : but do you think I forced all of this, that Manik you and adi

M : shhhh, princess that was a misunderstanding something that we never dared to clear because we tried kept u near through our talks, even though you were far.

N : so now what

M : everything can't change in a day, but gradually it will, don't worry ur pretty little head too much.

N : hey it's not little

M : so u have no problem with pretty.

N : of course, anyways why are u awake

M : because I knew u wouldn't be able to sleep

N : u know me too much manik

Manik doesn't reply, both of them enjoying the peace. Manik bends a little kissing her forehead. Nandini's eyes getting closed, the felling of his presence calming the heart, all worries gone.

Terrance

Adi was Standing near the railing on the terrace, he was present physically but not mentally. Preeti comes and keeps her hand on his shoulder startling him

P : sorry

Ad : no it's okay I wasn't paying attention

P : what are you thinking?

Ad : about today

P: what happened suddenly, u were not ready to see Manik's face and now it's all good. Even nandini was behaving weird in the morning.

Ad : somewhere I always knew manik was not at fault but just couldn't accept. I am not a good friend.

P : adi it's not that, we know how much u love nandini and Manik knows too, I am sure he still takes u as his friend. Give time to the things.

Adi nods and hugs her, he was too vulnerable today, finally he had accepted it all, and now he needed strength, someone to stand by him and preeti was being his anchor.

Hearts were coming closer, relationships were blooming and love on its way. Manik nandini, adi and preeti were being each other's secret keeper, sharing even what actually never left their mouths.

------
Next morning

Nandini and preeti are sitting in Adi's car ready to go to college. Adi comes and nandini suddenly shouts

N : adi wait for Manik na,

While nandini was saying this Manik comes and sits in the passenger seat, making nandini smile.

M : what happened

Ad : someone here is still on the mission.

Adi starts driving, while manik's eyes hold amusement.