chapter 91

Space academy

Manik had picked up nandini for college again , and seeing manik waiting for her by the porch had brought a beautiful smile on her face. The first thing Manik had done seeing her, was to hug her and tell her that she was never wrong , and the people around her love her for she cares enough to do something to solve their problems. Nandini had almost teared up at that.

Now entering the college gates the atmosphere was as usual, people gearing up for another day of studies and friends. Nanidni looks around for her own friends and finds them in a circle, it was almost like old times. Even though a few members were missing.

On her right she sees Alia and Ruhi talking and it seems like her words did affect Ruhi. Nandini even saw them hugging at the end. Perhaps they were friends again.

Just as nandini was passing by them, Alia called her

Al : nandini

Nanidni turned and looked at her. Last time she had talked to her had been the former making the latter understand her mistakes. Alia hadn't shown remorse about what she did to nandini, but she certainly was sad about Fab 5 .

N : want to say something

Al : I am sorry. For that day. In my sense of self preservation I said some horrible things to you. I am genuinely sorry

Alia's eyes shown with guilt and she even avoided eye contact with nandini for more than two seconds. Nandini knew Alia was sincere in her apology, even though she still didn't approve of her .alia was sorry that she had said those things not that she thought them.and like nandini had decided to let things go and not keep grudges

N : forgiven but not forgotten.

Nandini went her way saying that. Alia and her were not friends. There had been rare moments when They had conversed directly. Alia didn't matter to her. So she didn't bother a fight. Nandini had forgiven her for her own sake. And for Manik's.

Nandini then walked up to manik, who was talking to the rest of their friends. The topic of discussion was the party that was in the evening, for the launch of Fab 5 's new album. Manik had put an arm around her, just by habit. She then went ahead to tell him about what happened. Manik now had a frown on his face

M : what a way to apologize.

Manik scoffed. He had talked to Alia before and she had apologized to him. He had been silent for Fab 5 . But he hasn't really forgiven her. Even rest of the Fab 5 members cabir, dhruv, Mukti has talked to him about that. He had accepted their apologies, they did nothing to hurt nandini. And he first hand knew it is not easy to choose one friend over another.

N : don't fret Manik. She doesn't deserve that. It's between me and her

M : whatever concerns you concerns me princess

N : well then, I have forgiven her. And right now I want you to forget about her.

Nanidni then moved ahead to kiss him, making manik forget everything except for nandini.

It was time for the first lecture and all of them parted ways for their own classes.
------
Cafeteria scene

Well since, things between manik and nandini were good now. Manik wanted them to sit together at lunch. And he had been nagging his princess about the same since morning. Right now also they were walking towards the cafeteria only, hand in hand.

The past few days had been practicing for Fab 5 ,and so they had all been sitting at their usual tables, apart from each other.

M : come on princess. You went just because you were angry. Now it's all good. So why

N : I went because you were ignoring me, it was tit for tat Manik

M : so now I am not ignoring you. Rather begging you to go come sit with us. Please princess

N : but I have grown used to our table

M : we'll come then. Let me call the rest

Manik was about to come when nandini tugged his hand

N : it's okay, I am coming

Manik cheers and nandini laughs. Both of them then going to the old table. One they all sat on together before everything happened. Now that nandini was sitting there, the friends of her group, came too. Which meant the table now had all of them together. Adi, preeti, Shravan, Ruhi, Fab 5 ,aryaman ,harshad and soha. Maddy had invited himself.

There were a lot of awkward glances and unspoken anger. Nandini was the first one to talk and the rest of them continued the conversation. Adi was ignoring Ruhi and Manik never once glanced at Alia. Ruhi and Alia spoke but just a few words. Maddy talked to dhruv since no one else bothered including him in conversations. The topic rested towards safe side, one which no one would be offended by.

Nandini was sitting between adi and Manik. While there rest were chattering, adi spoke to nandini.

Ad : why do you have to bring her here

N : she is aryaman's friend. And moreover we have worked things out. I hold no grudges.

Adi : she certainly moves fast, a few days back she created so much drama over liking me and now she is all over aryaman.

P : careful Adi you sound jealous

As : not jealous babe, just angry. She hurt princess and now has found aryaman as a ladder to climb into her good books

N : adi she was your friend once. A very good friend at that. If you have the right to move on, so does she. And I am sure after whatever happened, she would be careful with her heart. And aryaman chose to be her friend, even when he knew the whole deal

Ad : seriously you believe in that

M : adi let it go. Maybe you should talk. Atleast get a closure . You have been friends for so long.

Ad : not right now atleast. she said so much against princess. I won't be able to keep my temper in check if we start talking about that.

Preeti kept a hand on his shoulder and adi hugged her.

P : and Manik you yourself are ignoring Alia. Maybe you should talk to her too.

M : well I am certain princess doesn't want arguments on the first day we sit together.

N : okay, whenever you want. Ignore her until then. But just refrain from fights.

The rest of the hour passed by, a few of them ignored each other. Some even moved past those fights. But nandini didn't dwell on that. Unlike in the beginning when she had wanted them all to be a happy group of friends she had realized that not everyone can be everyone's friend. And it was okay. As long as you are not fighting, being cordial had no backdrops.

She was now content with this, atleast they had moved past all those fights and harbored no hard feelings. She was not again going to meddle in people's lives. Not until it directly concerned her. She only was going to speak if it matters to the people she loves or her, not in anyone's personal fights.

The rest of the day went by and now the air was charged with excitement for the party in the evening. Fab 5 were realeazing their first album, it was a big deal for them and their family members.

-----
That's all for today

Do vote and comment

Precap : the launch party