chapter 45

Nandini left the college early that day since manik was not there. Being with Manik, seeing him everyday, his smile, his kisses, sneaking between classes it had all become a routine to her. And any change was just too much to accept. So she drove towards malhotra mansion.

-----
Malhotra mansion

Nandini enters the gate and the puppy came running towards her. She laughed in glee and bended down to pick him up. Kissing his head she cuddles him to her chest. She went inside to see niyonika sitting on the sofas.

N : good morning auntie

Nyo : morning nandini. How are u here aren't you supposed to be in the college.

N : I came to see Manik, he wasn't there.

Nyonika's smiled a secretive smile. Yesterday seeing Manik's and nandini together, everyone had a slight idea that something was going on, but they didn't want to rush anything. They wanted to give them time to come tell on their own. Therefore the elders had decided to act like it was all natural.

Nyo : he is in the room still sleeping.

N : oh, I'll go wake him up. We have to go for the brunch do.

Niyonika nodded and nandini went upstairs carrying the puppy with her.

------
Manik's room

Nandini enters to see Manik sound asleep on the bed. He was looking so adorable that for a moment she had second thoughts about waking him up. But then the puppy got down from her hands and ran to jump on Manik. He started licking his face.manik tried to get him away, which made nandini laugh. She went and sat beside manik on the bed, picking the puppy up she kept him on the floor. Pleased with no disturbance, manik snuggles towards nandini's side trying to fall back into sleep. Nandini ran her fingers through his hair and woke him up calmly.

When they were children, then too Manik liked to sleep late and only woke up when nandini came.

Manik slowly opened his eyes.

M : two days in a row, I wake up to your face. I am getting lucky.

Nandini blushes and diverts her attention to the puppy.

N : have you thought about naming him.

M : not yet, why don't you name him.

N : let's see, hmm coco, I like coco.

M : coco it is then.

The puppy too barks, as if showing his approval.

Manik and nandini smile. Manik then wakes up and goes to freshen up. Nandini goes down to the kitchen to find nyonika.

Nyo : I am making Manik's coffee. I have to go to the college for some work, give it to him when he comes down.

N : sure auntie

Nyo : anyways how's college going for you. Everything good because you can tell me if there is any problem, I need to fix

Nandini for a moment remmembers her interaction with the professor today, but still nodded in no.

N : no all good

Nyo : I am glad that you are back nandini, we missed you too much.

Nandini hugs niyonika getting a bit emotional. Although it has been time since nandini had been back, but no one had really talked about what had happened. It was like they knew she was back and that was enough. Talking might lead to questions, they weren't ready to answer. So they were avoiding it the best tgey could as long as they could

N : it's good to be back

At the same time Manik enterd the kitchen and back hugged nandini. Niyonika noticed but didn't let it come to her face.

Nyo : I am leaving. I'll reach the brunch directly. You two don't be late.

They nodded and nyonika's left.

Nandini lifted and cup of coffee and held it towards Manik. He took a sip directly from her hand and both of them sat on the stools.

N : why weren't you at college

M : I was tired and I had no lecture today

N : and what about music practice

M : we'll reschedule. Anyways if had gone, you wouldn't have come to wake up

N : this is no reason.

Nandini then told manik about what she did today. How she was trying to bring Adi and preeti together. Manik was her safe place, someone who she could tell anything without the fear of being judged. Who will support her, and stand by her.

They both took sips of coffee turn by turn ,sharing from the same cup. Manik looked at her upon hearing the whole story and he didn't really know what to say. He didn't feel she was exactly wrong with what she wanted maybe her method might not be the perfect one, but it didn't exactly harm anyone.

M : it's fine nandini, I don't think you were exactly wrong.

N : what do you mean by exactly. I was right

M : you want to make your stupid brother realize and it worked during shivaay bhaiya so I guess it's alright. You murthy's have this problem with accepting feelings.

Nandini pushed him slightly while laughed. He was quite right if you see that way. All these murthy siblings required a push in the right direction.

N : let's go we will be late otherwise

She was about to get down the stool when Manik stopped and turned her towards himself.

M : you haven't kissed me since morning

N : it's not even been a hour since you woke up

M : excuses excuses

Saying this Manik crashed his lips on her and she responded with equal fervour. Soon this innocent kiss turned into a full blown make out session. Nandini's back being supported by the kitchen slab, manik kisses down her neck. She ran her hands through his back, making them both moan. He kissed her lips again and the temperature in the kitchen was going high.

They were brought back by coco's bark and blushed at this. Nandini patted down her hair while manik too adjusted his clothes.

Nandini bit her lip and looked at Manik. All his attention going back to her lips. She coughed and he looked up.

N : we should go

M : yeah we should

They held hands and left the malhotra mansion together.

-------
That's all for today

I know this is not exactly the Precap. But atleast it has Manan moments.

And I have finally decided to name the dog coco. Thanks to those who gave suggestions.

Do vote and comment

Precap : the brunch