chapter 74

Pool

Manik found Adi sitting at the bar near the pool. He took a seat beside him. The events of last night were not lost in them. Both their faces were gloomy. Two best friends were sharing there troubles. Explaining their view points.

M : Adi you should talk to preeti. After what happened you need to tell her how you feel before she gets the wrong idea and

Ad : and I lose her. You know about what Ruhi said that I love preeti just because nandini likes her is not true.

M : I know Ruhi was going through heart break, she has liked you for years and one just doesn't get over it in a day. Even though that wasn't anything big like love still in her own weird way Ruhi had imagined herself with you and now suddenly you falling for someone she has made her lash out. You know I can understand why she did what she did, and I know princess does too

Ad : princess does that is why she showed Ruhi the mirror, the truth was none of our friends wanted to break it to Ruhi that her fantasy was never going to come true. We feared her reaction but nandini she went head on and said it, she knew that it will hurt for sometime but to move on Ruhi really needed to hear that.

. Adi had a proud expression on his face, he was in awe of how nandini had handled herself, despite everything she didn't say anything wrong but the truth.

Ad : but you don't need to worry, we already talked.apparently she is now my girlfriend

M : I wouldn't have said anything had they not made this whole thing against nandini. And for Alia to say this. Like seriously Fab 4 they clearly know how important nandini is to me. How could she even say that nandini is a negative influence in my life. That

Ad : manik she was only supporting Ruhi.

M : what about me am I not her friend. She didn't once think that every word that she says against nandini is going to hurt me. Nandini is everything to me and I don't find this to be a weakness. My love for her has always been my strength.

Adi smiles seeing the love in Manik's eyes for his sister. He knew manik loved nandini dearly but today he was seeing it again. And all he wanted was things to go back to normal between manik and nandini. He could see how much they were hurting staying away from each other. Still they were playing these childish games and not talking about the real matter.

Ad : I am going to get ready. You should too. Heavens know today is going to be difficult

Adi gives manik his spare key since Manik's was taken back by shivaay.

Ad : I know you stayed the night with nandini. And don't be mistaken, this time if you hurt her. I am really going to kill you. Not even princess herself can stop me

Manik nodded and adi patting his shoulder left

Manik is left all alone with his thoughts .he was worried about nandini, because amongst all the people present their he had seen clearly past her veils, he saw the vunerablity in her eyes. How much she wanted to break into tears, how she tired of fighting and above all how much she needed him even if she wasn't ready to say it. And this time he was going to be there. But how, when nandini's only condition was stopping him

------
Breakfast table

After getting ready all of them had come down for breakfast. Nothing had changed, but still everything had. Manik and nandini were still not talking but they did exchange glances, these looks although we're warm not full of hatred and anger like before.

Nandini noticed that strangely it was quite today. Shivaay and anika were out so it was Manik, her, Adi and preeti .She clearly hadn't missed the love struck looks they were giving each other, or the fact that adi was holding preeti's hand below the table thinking nandini wouldn't notice.she was glad that last night had gotten something good but still she didn't have the mood to comment anything. Manik's reaction was nothing out of the blue so she understood he knew. Finishing her breakfast, she left for college not sparing another glance at the new couple. Or manik.

Last night Adi's words had changed certain things, and now on top of it Preeti was Adi's girlfriend. She had no idea where preeti and her stood admist all of this. She wasn't angry or anything. She was just giving them space.

-------
Space academy

Adi and preeti had come in Adi's car, while manik drove alone. He was not in the mood of being the third wheel.

Manik had enterd the college gates and was met with cabir as soon as he had gotten out of his car. He wanted to speak so much, ask questions but decided to hear him first. Last night had made him question their friendship.

Cabir had not said anything against nandini, he just chose to remain quite. Maybe he wasn't really wrong, why should he or Mukti be forced to choose between their friends. But right now that certainly seemed inevitable.

C : Manik about yesterday I didn't feel what others said. I think it's just because they have been too used to you being there always that they forgot you have your own life. It's like how I always choose navya and dhruv chooses Alia, you choose nandini.

Mukti too comes there and speaks

Mu : true. Although I haven't fallen in love but I get it. Alia is stupid not to understand. I know u are no where wrong and we are with you in this. We just didn't say anything yesterday because everyone was worked up and instead of understanding anything they would only have fought more.

Manik smiles a relived smile and they all do a group hug. Navya too comes and joined them. Cabir had filled her up on everything.

Nandini enters the college gates only to see people lurking around watching the most popular group ignoring it's members.

One side were Manik, cabir, Mukti and navya conversing. Another corner were Ruhi, Alia, shraven and dhruv. Looks like they had chosen there sides.

At that time Adi and preeti entered the college grounds. Although this was no surprise but they walked towards Manik and his friends.

The lines had officially been drawn but where exactly was nandini in all of this. But then she got down from her car,turnimg heads the way she looked. She had dressed to impress, to prove everyone that they hadn't gotten to her and she was still strong enough. Her eyes connected with Manik for a second but other than that she didn't bother giving anyone a look. Holding her head high she entered the college. She was good with Manik, but like she said she wasn't going to do anything until he told the truth.

Manik had seen her hurt, her anger, her lashing out. But how long was he going to last with indifference.

-------
That's all for today

Do vote and comment

Precap : resurfacing childhood memories