chapter 33

Nandini is lying on the bed and watching TV. Since she was ill, she had nothing better to do, not like she could.
Adi entered her room with a doctor in tow.

N : I am fine now.   

Ad : good than let's confirm it, princess. Doctor you go ahead and check.

Doctor moves and examines her, checking her temperature.

Doctor : she is fine, I have prescribed one more medicine, give it with the previous one and she will be good by tomorrow morning.

Doctor gives the prescription to adi and leaves the room.

N : see I told you

Adi nods and is about to go out. Since that day, although the argument had been solved but still they hadn't exactly talked. There was apprihensiveness in the air.

N : adi we are good right.

Ad : yes of course. Nandini you might have grown up but still you are my little sister,whom I have taught to live like a princess. And I know what you meant, I just got too much possessive because I had already lost you once. But I realized it.

N : trust me Adi, when I say this you are the best brother anyone could ever ask for. And rishab is a brother too. But you are different and no one can ever take your place. You were the one afterall, calling me princess for the first time.

Ad : and you are a princess.

Adi goes ahead and hugs her.

S : looks like a family reunion.

Adi and nandini turn to see shivaay standing on the door.

S : nandini has talked to the only person whom she listens to I see, that's what brought you to talk things out with adi right.

Ad : why are you being cryptic bhai.

S : manik, I was talking about Manik.

N : what are you always teasing me, you never talk about anika di.

Ad : but he has been meeting her .

N : and talking on the phone.

Nandini and Aditya burst out laughing and hi fi each other.

S : tables have turned

Shivaay goes and sits beside nandini on the bed, adi on the other side, making nandini in between.

S : I heard you are sick princess.

N : the news has traveled so much that I won't be shocked if it lands up on tomorrow's newspaper.

Ad : you are right, maybe navya would have written about this in her blog.

S : don't deviate, how are you?

N : fine bhai, taken the medicine and even seen the doctor, staying in for the whole day I am bored.

S : so what do you want to do.

Ad : let's watch a movie together, been sometime we did that.

The siblings then get comfortable on the bed and watch movies together. Later they do the dinner in the room itself along with nandini and leave after giving her medicine.

------

It was 11:30 pm, her brothers were long gone and she was lying on the swing in her room. Thinking about the day, feeling bored. Suddenly she hears her door opening and Manik entering sneakily into her room.