chapter 28

It is a new morning. Nandini got up disturbed due to the rays of sun falling on her face. Afterall having a open balcony had it's cons too.
She got ready and went down. The whole murthy mansion was decorated ,for the festival of Raksha Bandhan. Being the sister to 2 big brothers, this was quite an occasion for them. And their family friends were invited as well.

Murthy's and malthotra's although started with business relationship but it hadn't taken them long to come to friends.

This time was a bit different and everyone was nostalgic cause after so many years nandini was again going to tie rakhi to shivaay and adi. Being in America she missed it but now everything was normal again.

She was her parents were back and everyone else was ready and present too.

I: great Nandu is here, let's start.

Adi, shivaay and rishab take seats on the sofa while manik is standing behind it his eyes on nandini.

Nyo : yes so who are u going to tie the rakhi first ?

Well this actually was a big question for her and she was apprehensive about their reactions.
She before had always tied it first to adi, he was a little possessive and shivaay being the elder one had no problem with it, but now over the years rishab has also gotten very close to her, been the sibling she needed during difficult time while she was staying in America. She didn't want to hurt anyone but one way or the other she had to make a choice.

N : rishab, I have been tying his for the past few years so I will tie him first.

Adi has an immediate reaction to it, his face going to a scowl, manik keeps a hand on his shoulder and giving him a look stopping him from doing anything stupid.

Adi clenches his fist and looks away when nandini bends to tie rakhi to rishab.

R : u are the best sister anyone could get.

N : no, u are the best younger brother

They smile and hug each other. He gives her ,her favorite chocolate as a gift.

Adi : are u done

M : adi

Adi gives a expressions asking what.

Nandini smiles and goes ahead taking his wrist tying the rakhi.

Ad : I haven't brought u a gift

N : after so many years I am tying it again to ur wrist, this itself is a gift.

Ad : I give you a promise I will always protect you, although last time I couldn't but that would never happen again.

Nandini hugs him tightly, tears glistening in their eyes.

N : it wasn't your fault.

Nandini goes towards shivaay's completing the ritual.

S : ur gift

N : keys

S : car keys, u didn't have one here, now u don't need to ask rides from people.

N : thanks bhai

Everyone is happy and in an festive mood although adi leaves for sometime but Manik gets him back.

The lunch having all of them having fun, remensing past memories and bonding as a family.

-------

After the festives were over the elders went to discuss business and stuff while the younger stayed in the hall. Sitting on the sofas, talking .

N : oh it's 5 pm, we should go get the ice cream.

It was like a tradition kind of, since nandini loves ice cream she used to go with her brother to get it for the whole family. She started it once and then continued it every year. Before it used to be adi but after going to America she continued it with rishab.

Adi was ready to go but rishab spoke first.

R : yes di I am coming with you.

Adi immediately had anger on his face making manik worried.

M : ah, rishab u wanted to see the latest edition of vedio game right, I have it, why don't you come with me, adi Ya adi can go with her.

R : no it's OK manik bhaiya we can talk later.

Shivaay looks at this with keen interest while nandini does not know what to say anymore.

Ad : no rishab Manik has work later, I can go with my princess moreover when her real brother is here.....

M : adi

Ad : what it's true

N : adi what are you saying? Look rishab let me go with him now, I will talk to u later.

Rishab glares at adi but doesn't say anything. Nandini gives manik a look requesting to save the situation.

M : rishab come

Manik drags rishab with him while nandini and adi leave too.

Shivaay is still their and looks at preeti for a explanation who has an guilty expression on her face.
Unable to take it anymore she tells shivaay everything about what she overheard manik and adi talking.

-----
Adi and nandini are standing outside the ice cream parlor after buying it. Before adi could sit in the car nandini stops him

N : what was it about?

Ad : what was what about

N : rishab, what were you trying to do

Ad : showing him his position in your life

N : adi what the hell happened to you, why are you behaving like that

Ad : I am behaving wrong really, I am your brother nandini not he, he was just a replacement for a while, and now he can go away

Nandini is shocked by his words and anger radiating off him.

N : adi

Ad : what it's true he is a cousin

N : he is my brother Adi and has the same place as you. He is not a replacement.

Ad : oh so u don't need me anymore

N : when did I say that

Adi starts shouting and nandini is stunned by it, adi has never raised his voice on her it happens very rarely. Tears spring to her eyes and she tries to hold them back.

N : u know what I need to go home, we will talk about this later

Nandini goes and sits on the car, adi comes and bangs the door and drives it on full speed. Nandini doesn't say a word and they enter the driveway of their home. Nandini gets down and because of not paying attention collides with Manik who is walking out of the door.

Manik looks at nandini's face and is horrified on seeing tears in her eyes. He cups her face gently

M : princess what happened

N : manik
.
M : nandini what is it

N : I need to go

Nandini runs upstairs while manik's gaze falls upon adi.

M : what did you do?

Ad : why is everyone pointing my mistake? Can't u see rishab is trying to do this, he is taking away my sister

M : don't behave like a kid adi, this is getting too much

Ad : u are saying this

Adi pushes manik and enters in while manik gets a call and has to leave for office even though he doesn't want to.

-----
That's it for today

Do vote and comment

Precap : brother sister bonds