chapter 41

Space academy
Auditorium

Nandini was back stage while Fab 4 were performing. She had worked quite hard to bring all this together. Although their friends had been a great help to. From decorations, to arranging the directions, it's was all done with team effort. And knowing the trustee didn't actually bring problems for permission. Nandini had promised Manik a blast and she was going to make it true.

And within all these an unexpected person, however nandini would now call him a friend had helped them too. Some of their friends were wary of his presence but nandini liked to see the best in people, and she believed in second chances.

The applause declared the end of the performance and nandini could see Manik running up the stage thanking his friends. She decided to let them have a moment since Fab 5 was like a family related through music, and she wanted Manik to spend this birthday with everyone.

Adi, Ruhi ,shraven and preeti too were now going on stage to wish Manik.after the performance rest of the students had left them alone. So now it was only their group.

Ad : come on nandini let's go

N : you go ahead I'll be there in a second

Adi nods and goes while nandini turns and goes to get someone.

N : harshad stop

H : nandini I was just going

N : and that is why I am here. U helped a lot today, u should come and take the credit too. Wish manik

H : yeah well u have really worked hard to make this all perfect and my presence will only put a damper on the mood.

N : no come on Manik won't say anything

H : I know he won't because you brought me. But it will cause unnecessary drama and even I can leave my petty enmity for a day and let him enjoy. And being truthful I didn't do it for him, I helped because you are my friend and I wanted to support you. That's what friends do right.

Nandini goes ahead and hugs harshad.

N : thank you, and you know you can really be a good friend if you want to be. And don't worry I'll wish Manik on your behalf too. U are coming in the evening though right

H : it's not like I can ditch. My parents will want me there. Biggest party, business associates and all that u know .you should go otherwise lover boy will be angry

N : see you

Nandini leaves and enters the auditorium back. All their friend's eyes landing upon her.

C : oh nandini where did you disappear

N : nothing just last minute works

Mu : anyways come wish Manik.

Nandini clumsy to the stage and looks at Manik, noticing his eyes hadn't left her even for a moment.  On seeing everyone's attention she gets a bit nervous when

Ad : guys why are u looking like they are a lab sample ,let them be, come on let's go. And manik and nandini come meet us in the cafeteria.

P : and no hurries, take your time

They exchange smiles and leave making nandini blush. As soon as they are out manik takes nandini in his arms

N : happy birthday Manik

M : thank you princess, for this

N : your smile was worth it

Manik kisses her deeply and nandini's hands reaches his hair. They break apart due to the need of oxygen while manik's lips find her neck. He kisses her gently while nandini closes her eyes.

Nandini's phone ringing makes them jump, and they look at adi calling.

N : looks like we need to go

-------
Cafeteria

Manik and nandini enter hand in hand to see their friends standing around a table. The cafeteria too was decorated like the while college. And the preparations for a party had been done. From music to food and drinks it was all their.

Al : the birthday boy is here

Sh : then what are we waiting for

N : since in the evening the party will be more of a official kind. And we can't go clubbing or something, let's have our own party now.

Nandini drags Manik towards the cake. Their friends forming a circle around them. They sing him happy birthday and manik cuts the cake, feeding the first peice to his princess. Soon they all feed each other and before long a piece ends up on Manik's face. They look at culprit to be nandini.

N : I  thought of getting the party started.

Soon enough Manik is covered in cake and their laughter is echoing in the college corridors. Music blasting through the cafeteria door, they groove to its beats.

The party is on full swing and they are enjoying themselves thoroughly. Nandini, preeti and navya are dancing. Ruhi and Alia have gone for a touch up. Dhruv, cabir and Shravan are by the food counter talking and eating. And between all this our birthday boy is having a drink standing in a corner, looking at them all when Aditya walks up to him.

Ad : this party is for you .go have fun.

M : I am having fun. I was just looking at our friends, everyone seems so happy.

Ad : everyone is buddy. I  wanted to say something

M : go ahead

Ad : Manik all these years I mean, because of me our families didn't talk and

Adi was fumbling with words. He was guilty thinking that everything could have been like this long ago, had he not been blaming Manik

M : buddy that's wasn't your fault. Although you did start it but I wasn't far behind. We brought it on ourselves. And that is the past, let's forget it

Ad : happy birthday Manik

Manik smiles and both if go and join the girls on the dance floor. Today along with Manik's birthday, they celebrated friendship too. But then again people are friends when it's easy, what would be of this friendship when the sky turns dark.
That is a thought for another day. Today it's all about  manik ,nandini and A happy birthday.

-------
That's all for today

So now is time for Manik to celebrate with his family and the society. Let's see what changes does that brings into relationships.

Till then
Do vote and comment

Precap : the official birthday party