chapter 104

Murthy mansion

Nandini walked down the stairs with the grace of a princess, Manik adi and other members of her family were all gathered in the hall. It was not often that her parents got a chance to be a part of the important moments of their children's lives, and they cherished whenever they could.

I : pictures

Ad : mom

I : what baby, look how much you have grown. A few years and they you too will have a family of your own.

Adi is gawking and preeti is red as a rose. He takes his mother by the hand and let's her take her pictures to ishita's delight.

Manik and nandini however during all this are lost in their own world or better yet in each other's eyes. As she walks down the stairs, Manik looks here over. Her beauty rendering him speechless.

Nandini walks up to his side and a smile that seems permanent in Manik's presence befalls her face.

Manik gently takes her hand in his,intervining their fingers. A small gesture resperesenting them being together.

Raman's eyes fall on them, and he calls them too for the photos.

Although it's their prom, they take pictures with anika too, the girls all in one frame. Shivaay has a hand on both adi and Manik's shoulder. and somehow these pictures represent their bonds perfectly.

After a while they all are ready to leave and move towards their cars, for a night to be reminsinced.

-----
Space academy

The students were not the only ones excited for today ,the management certainly shared their enthusiasm. This could be  seen clearly with the decorations.

The decor was purple and white, neither too bland nor too dark. Balloons were tumbling on the dance floor and multicolored lights making the area look extravagant. Upbeat music increasing the spirit of the crowd.

They searched for their friends, and saw them near the food corner, with drinks in hands.

Joining them, the girls complemented each other's looks and the boys just shook hands, saying they were too manly for hugs. Nandini rolled her eyes at this.

Manik's gaze never ventured far from her, every once in a while he would look at her, hear her speaking to others or even the simple act of her playing with her hair.

As the evening continued they decided to shake a leg,  and all of them vent towards the dance floor. Everyone was dancing like crazy. It looked like a scene out of a club. Their hands joined together and feet tapped with the beats. It was great fun.

Nandini and Manik then got to the side as the music changed and into each other's arms. Slowing drifting all the while smiling.

Nandini looked at but tired and Manik offers to get her a drink. By now their friends too had moved on their own. Mingling and chattering.

She nodded and they walked towards the drinks table and nandini took bottled water. For the other drinks were possibly spiked.

N : it's nice

M : what is?

N : just the atmosphere here, being with friends and you. At the beginning of the year I had thought I would not adjust. That this was not

She trailed off

M : this is your home. We are.

Going on her tiptoes she kissed his cheeks.