chapter 59

Space academy

Cafeteria

Manik, adi ,rest of the Fab 5 members along with Shravan were sitting on their usual tables in the cafeteria. And currently manik was being bombarded about his whereabouts

Al : where have you been Manik? So many calls and not even one reply

C : moreover your parents also don't know anything about it?

Ad : calm down guys let him speak

Mu : you don't say, you knew and didn't have the decency to tell us.

D : did nandini know too. Was this why she wasn't talking about you?

M : guys, I was out of country due to some important work. And no, nandini had no idea about it

Sh : and why didn't you bother to tell us before

Manik looks uncomfortable talking about this, he didn't want to tell what he was doing, and his vague answers did nothing to calm his friends down. While Adi was quite the whole while. Yes he had known all along where manik had been, and he was already in trouble with nandini for that, moreover he didn't want to speak in between Fab 5 .

M : guys I am here now, that's all that matters right.

While they were speaking, nandini entered the cafeteria with preeti in tow. Looking around she saw manik and adi on their usual table, unwilling to be confronted, she walked towards another table, a few tables down for their usual one.

Seeing this preeti after glancing at adi once too joined nandini. Rest of their friends as they came had to choose where they wanted to sit. Aryaman and harshad went to sit with nandini, while Ruhi sat beside adi and smirked in nandini's direction.

As madhyam entered with his sister soha, amusement flashed his eyes upon seeing manik looking at nandini and nandini looking away. He dragged soha with himself towards the table nandini sat on and sat right in front of her, blocking Manik's view of her. Soha say besides him, and the atmosphere turned awkward.

Since morning nandini had been avoiding Manik, unwilling to speak to him, or perhaps she felt she wasn't strong enough right now. She needs time to accept that Manik was now here and adi knee everything. Moreover manik has also just been throwing her glances but had not come even once to talk to her directly. Madhyam taking advantage, had been trailing nandini like a lost puppy all the while.

Last time nandini and soha talked had been in America, which certainly didn't end well, as soha believed nandini had broken her brother's heart. Preeti cast a wary look towards her, nandini was already experiencing a lot of emotions with regards to Manik and she didn't want her bestie to be involved in more drama.

Madhyam wanted soha and nandini to talk, to show nandini that all was well and no family member of his bore ill will to her. He wanted soha to apologize, if that was what it took nandini to be more attentive towards him.

So : nandini, I know we have been friends and I was somewhere the reason

P : complete reason

Nandini looks at preeti and she shrugs saying soha deserves it.

So : complete reason why we never talked again. I wanted to say sorry, it was wrong of me to come to conclusions and not understand your part of the story

P <snorts>: strange, u have been in the college for almost two months now, and today is when u come up with an explanation

Md : she was afraid of approaching you