Marines

Skyden's P.O.V. 

"Moring," I hear someone from behind me say. "Morning," I mumble and look back at who it is. "How was your night Sky?" Cayden asks. "I been running around the field all night and watching over everyone, how about yours?" I ask. "Restful," he says and I nod. "Sky do you remember back in Houston when I was lost?" "Yeah," "Why had you collapsed on the ground at the park?" he asks and I look forward. "Um, my emotions took over me," I say and he nods. "Our brother is from the marines did you know? The Alex guy that was with us in Houston was taking care of us while Mike came to us..." He asks and I nod. "Just like father was once." "I hope that doesn't affect you," he mumbles. "It doesn't... I was a marine myself at some point, I then changed to law enforcement." "Oh really?" Mike says from behind. "Yeah, really." "Daddy!" I hear Kat and I stand to receive her in my arms. "Good morning my princess, how are you today?" I ask and she blushes. "I'm doing good! I am hungry though..." she pouts. I kiss her cheek. "Brandon will be making breakfast when he awakes my love," I say and she nods. "Daddy, can I go with Jacob and Beta to the water slides today?" she asks and  I shake my head no. "Okay, but why dad?" "It is cold and you are going to get sick and Jacob is not going either, Beta will more than likely not be allowed to go either," I say and she nods as I put her down. "Can I go say hi to Ty?" She jumps up and down. "Go wake him up, I'mma go wake up the rest," I say and she nods running towards Ty's house. "She's adorable," Mike says and I nod. "How old is she, again?" Cayden asks. "She's three soon to be four," I say with a sigh. "So you had her at 11?" "Yeah." "People should come out soon it's already 7 am and they have to head to work or school soon..." I say and they nod. "Where are you going?" "I'mma go wake up the family," I say and head home. "Wake up sleeping beauty." I shake Ed and Fla who had stayed at my house. "Nu.," Fla growls and I grab his hand and pulled him to his feet forcing him to wake up. "Ed you're next." "I'm up. I'm up!" he raises his hands. Ty and Angi laugh as they awake as well. "Let's get the day started people," Fla says. I walk upstairs and into my room to see Evan and Brandon asleep. I go into my closet to get my clothes and head to the hallway restroom to take a shower. I'm out to everyone awake. "Good morning," Matt says startling me. "Morning," I say and walk back to my room to brush my hair, I didn't feel like blowing it. I walk out of the house and turn on a cig as I walk to the picnic table. "Dad, Ty is awake and taking his hour shower," I nod. "Brandon is making breakfast tell Crystal and Jake," I say and she nods walking to the house. "Morning guys," I say to the gang members that where there. "Morning my prince," they say and I chuckle. "How's your guys morning going so far?" "Pretty dang boring," Kaylub states. "Well once you are all at work it won't be as boring," I say. "Sky by any chance do you know who Meshal is?" Keah asks. "I may, I may not. Where did you get the name from?" I ask. "Chris and Joker were having a conversation earlier and I was wondering who she was since they were talking about Meshal and some other guy back in time before us," he says and I nod. "Well if it's from them I don't think it is any of ya'll business," I say. "Sky! Come on! Just tell us!" May says. "Suck it up and deal with it." "If you tell us, I will get you off custody for what happened last night," Kaylub says and I consider the offer. "Okay, deal. However you must not mention the offer around them or I'mma die, more..." "What do we tell them when they ask where we got the name?" Jez asks. "Smart. Just tell them you've heard it around after all that name is well known between gangsters since we all follow that person steps to success." "Okay. Deal. Now tell who's that person?" Keah says. "Meshal was my biological mom," I say. "No fucking way! You made a deal just to tell us that it was your mom?" Kaylub says and I nod laughing. "You all often have good offers," I say and turn around to see Mike and Kevin laughing along. "Now get to work, come on all of you. Those who have me lets get warming up. Ten laps around the field come on." I order still laughing. "Asshole." Kaylub says and I just laugh. "Jez. Stay." I wait for everyone to get going only leaving me and Jez. "Get your hair off your face," I order. "N-nu." "Why?" I asked crossing my arms. "I just don't want to," he says nervousness clear on his voice. "Look. I know what's under that blue hair of yours." "No, you don't." "It's a bruised eye. Man I been hurt my whole life, I know how to hide it as well." "How you know?" "I been hurt myself, I repeat. I was ones in your shoe man. You need to tell your mentor." I sit on the top of the table. "I am fine. No need to speak up. " "There is a need to speak up. Studies show abuse only gets worst as time passes. I now know and I will respect your decision until when it's getting too far then I will be the one to stop it. You won't like it. It's on you to decide," I say and he nods. "I'm fine." He looks down. "you have made your decision, now take your hair off your eyes. One thing that comes with abuse is to become an amazing lier. Now go to work man." I stand and get off the table. He walks away and on to his motorcycle.