Numb

// I just want to warn you, if you can't handle depression, death, or anything that pulls on the heartstrings, then turn back now. Art does not belong to me. Also, there's a certain part of the story where you could turn on Numb of you want too. On to the one shot //

" Don't worry Shadow, I've got this! "

Those words...they echo throughout my mind. It made me remember the last form of life I saw. His shining, adventurous, yet gentle emerald eyes, the beautiful, azure fur that gently clashed with his soft, peach arms, muzzle, and chest. That cocky smirk that was placed on his lips. Who would've known that Dr. Robotnik would actually win?

It all started 4 hours ago...

~Flashback~

The azure hedgehog stood in the middle of a field of flowers. They all vary in colors in types, but the hedgehog simply did not care, for all that matter was the beautiful sight to behold. He sighed softly, hearing heavy footsteps behind him as the sounds of poor flowers being crushed was soft, but sadly, audible.

He turned around, staring at the onyx, with Ruby strips, hedgehog behind him. He smiled as the onyx hedgehog only huff and kept a frown.

" What's wrong, Faker? " The azure spoke, softly as if to not disturb the wildlife that seem to sing their songs.

The ebony shifted a bit. He stared his crimson-ruby eyes at him.

" You've awfully been quiet for some time, faker..." The ebony seemed to sneer.

"... All your friends have been worrying for you. " The azure sighed softly, it made the ebony's heart flutter a bit. Those emerald eyes had met the gaze of  crimson ruby's eyes. They stared before the azure answered.

" I never knew that if I just stopped for a second, the world can give the most beautiful sights to behold. " This made the ebony grunt, but he stayed put,  knowing more would come.

" I'm quiet because I want to hear the wildlife. Sure, as I run, I can hear the birds singing just a bit, but you would not hear the crickets humming. "

" You sound more pathetic then you usually are. " The ebony growled.

Silence grew inbetween the two males. The azure one started to grow a tint on pastel pink where his cheeks are. He looked up the ebony male, who was trying to hide the fact that, he too, had a blush.

" Shadow... " It seemed to drift as the hedgehog known as Shadow looked up with a stern look. This only made the azure hedgehog chuckle at the attempt of hiding his embarrassment.

" What is it, spit it out, Sonic " Venom could be heard dripping from the azure hedgehog's name.

Sonic had a second where is face look doubtful, but when Shadow looked again, he only saw that smile.

That wonderful smile that made him feel butterflies were in his stomach.

" ...Nothing...you should go back, Rouge might worry for you if you stay here too long. " It made Shadow sigh, a sad sigh.

" Fine faker, but don't get too emotional if I don't come to check on you " He walks away.

Sonic wasn't ready. He couldnt bring to tell Shadow that he loved him.

' if only he knew of my feelings... '

Shadow shut the front door to his house. What will he do with these strange feelings that corolated with Sonic. He layed down on the couch and stared at the ceiling. He wanted to do something nice for Sonic some time, but couldn't bring himself to do it. All he needed was to take a nap, and hopefully the pesky thoughts of Sonic would leave. He closed his eyes and let the darkness consume him. 

Sonic shut his door softly, he said hi to Tails. He walked over to the couch and sat down, relaxing into the cusion. He turns on the T.v. Tails sat next to him, wanting to take a break from his work.

He turned it on to the news. He eyes started to flutter as they got heavier. Tails softly shake Sonic in a panicked way.

" Sonic! Dr. Eggman is trying to attack the city! " He got up quickly, and ran partially to the door. When he opened the door, he was greeted by Shadow's face.

" Faker, the dr- " Sonic interrupted the ebony one. 

" Don't worry Shadow, I've got this! " Sonic gave a thumbs up. This made the ebony one slightly tint his muzzle as the azure ran off.

He sighed. Sonic would come back, he always did with his fight with Robotnik.

Why did his gut told him otherwise?

An hour had passed now. It was eerily quiet. Tails was now worried sick about the blue blur. He look at Shadow and begged him to check on Sonic. Shadow had to admit, he was also worried about the azure hedgehog.

Shadow made his way into the city, passing by a confused Knuckles and a clingy Amy. Something had made him come to a stop. His mouth was opened in shock.

In front of him was a bloodied Sonic...and he didn't seem to move.

Shadow quickly pick up the unconscious hedgehog and started to skate home.

The azure hedgehog open his eyes slightly, his eyes we're fading, the life seem to disappeared from his eyes.

" Shadow... "

" Hold on there, Sonic, I'm getting you to a hospital "

...

" You finally said my name... " He smiled weakly.

" But I won't make it Shadow... " This made the ebony growl. He had to make it! He knew he will make it! Though, a part of him made his heart drop.

" You will, Faker! " Sonic sighed and caressed his cheek.

" Shadow... I'm sorry I never told you, but- " He cough harshly, blood dripping from the corner of his mouty.

" I love you... " Tears fell from the ebony hedgehog as he felt the azure one limp in his arms.

Shadow fell onto his knees, crying softly

" I love you too, Sonic "

~Flashback over~

Shadow stood over a grave. He seem deaths before, after all, he lost Maria. He didn't understand, why didn't he cry for Maria but for Sonic?

He set the roses on his grave. He walked away, not being able to look at the grave stone no more. 

" I feel numb to the pain " He muttered, soon after that, he was gone, all that was left was the grave stone in the field of flowers. Beneath the roses that was a card that said I love you.