I Smell Your Fear

// This was actually Requested to me by an irl friend! Enjoy! //

Sonic was missing.

For 7 months now, the true blue hero was gone. Everybody was worried, especially the hero's sidekick and brother, Tails. The poor fox would go on days without sleep, pondering where his brother could be. All he did was stay inside most of the time, tinkering with stuff and crying his poor heart out. Tails was still a child, even if he was a genius for his age. All the other gave up on looking for Sonic such a long time ago that it felt like years to the poor fox kit. The only one who ever visits him was Shadow, Sonic's rival and slowly becoming a friend when the blue hedgehog was around.

The ebony hedgehog stood in front of a baby blue door of the fairly decent house. He rung the doorbell, unconsciously tapping his foot as his mouth formed a somewhat of a frown but a scowl at the same time. His fierce, red eyes looked around the place as his ears flickered towards the door, hearing his soft tapping of feet came closer to the door. The door opens softly, revealing a pale orange fox, his eyes almost seem lifeless as they were dull. Bags hung under his eyes, looking at the ebony one. A sigh came from Shadow as he goes inside while the fox kit stepped to his side. Red eyes look concerningly at Tails, putting a hand on the fox's shoulder which instantly making the fox start whimpering.

" ... I miss him, Shadow ... "

The poor thing looked like how he was about to explode into a sob. The ebony hedgehog comforts Tails as he pats his back. With regretful red eyes, he once more sighs.

" I'll ... I'll continue to look for Faker. "

The fox kit looks up with a smile on his face, although it was weak. The orange mobian's eyes started to get heavy, and soon enough, the ebony had grabbed him before he fell forward. Gently picking him up, he puts the fox kit on the nearby couch as he puts a blanket on him. Leaving the house, Shadow speeds off to his house, not noticing in the nearby forest that glowing green eyes seemingly watch his every step. Entering his house, his eyes met a familiar teal ones. A white female bat stood there in a bit revealing clothing, wearing a smirk upon her face. She was doing her makeup, putting the the last bit of her lipstick before rubbing them together so it looked nice. Closing the little mirror, her smooth yet suggestive voice finally came out her plumped lips.

" So, are we still looking for blue? How is Tails anyways? "
Though hard to notice, concern laced her voice as her eyes soften at the mere mention of the fox's name. Ever since Sonic left, almost everyone was too depressed to take care of fox kit except the bat and him. His brows furrowed as his eyes adverted away, making a huff.

" Yes, but the condition of the fox is undeniably not better since the last we visit him. He has gotten a bit worse, I won't lie. "

Her mouth formed a slight curve, sighing as her eyes advert. The bat barely wore a frown, but the fox's condition made her feel guilty for not having found Sonic yet. Shadow puts a hand on her shoulder.

" There's no need to worry, Rouge. He'll be fine. "

With that, Rouge only nodded. Creaking of floor boards made orange ears flickered, but then stop. Pink goo covered red shoes made their way to the fox before the being leaned over and sniffed him. A smile grew large as the fox kit shivered and whimper, a stained glove patting his head as dripping sound could be heard. Green eyes stared before looking at the t.v in front of it. It was like a zombie, but instead of brains, it fed on fear. A low chuckle, though it came out as a rumble, escape from the being. The voice was so hoarse, you would expect it to be Death's voice.

" I'm coming for you next, Shadow~ "

The bat and red stripped hedgehog walk through the dark forest. Rouge was hovering over the ground slightly, as she looked at her partner who was searching hard for his rival. To be truthful, she knew he held feelings for the blue hedgehog, but denied it since he was ' the Ultimate Lifeform ' and that ' He wouldn't love again after Maria died '. She knew he was just scared to lose someone important to him again, although he didn't show it. Rouge just knew him long enough to see this type of stuff, even if other people couldn't. The ebony looks hard for clues, just something that would give them a hint to the whereabouts of the missing hedgehog.