The Couple

Not too long ago, two used to be, rivals had married, each other. Their names were Sonic and Shadow. Sonic was a kind and caring, yet cocky hero that everyone loved being around with. Shadow was kind...when he wanted to be, he had anger issues and everyone felt like the two would fall apart quite quickly with these personality differences in each other. But they were wrong, as the two deeply loved each other. 

It was a beautiful morning, 7:03 a.m as Shadow was awake, dressed, cleaned their house, and was currently making breakfast. Shadow liked getting up early and making sure everything was in place, unlike his lover, Sonic, who tended to like sleeping in until 11:00 a.m. Shadow usually let Sonic sleep in, but today was a special day. Today was Sonic's birthday, and Shadow was going to make it one of the best birthday of birthdays that Sonic had in years.

Shadow had made a delicious birthday breakfast that consisted of bacon that was sizzled to a crisp, hash browns with salt and pepper, maple syrup and brown sugar oatmeal with a nicely toasted sourdough. He sets up the table as he dishes up the food before he goes upstairs to their room to wake Sonic. He gently shakes Sonic, trying to wake him up. 

" Sonic, wake up, it's time for breakfast. "

Sonic groans and rolls over, mumbling a go away Tails. Shadow huffed before yanking the blanket, making Sonic sit up, holding his body with an eek. 

" What the hell Shadow! Now I'm cold, so thanks a lot. "

He sticks out his tongue at the ebony hedgehog, who turned his back towards him. 

" Fine. I guess you don't want the birthday breakfast I made for you. "

Shadow walks over to the doorframe before looking over his shoulder. Sonic sat on the bed, blinking a few times in a confused manner before looking over to their calendar. He blinked before making a small oh under his breathe as he lightly blushed in embarrassment. 

" Huh, it is my birthday today, but how did you- "

" Tails told me yesterday. "

Sonic smiled softly, of course, his little brother had to tell Shadow. He gets up with a stretch and yawn. 

" Meet me downstairs, Shadz. " 

The ebony one just nodded as he goes downstairs, smiling. Shadow had never felt this happy since the time he spent with Maria. He sighs, but then remembers that Shadow was planning to take Sonic to the local orphanage to adopt a child. Sonic was always fawn of children, he had Tails, who is an 8 years child, and he loved to hang and play with Cream, a 6 years rabbit. Shadow also liked to be around children too, I mean, Maria was a 16 years old girl, but always acted childishly.  

He then heard heavy footsteps come down the stairs and looked up to see his wonderful azure hedgehog. Sonic made eye contact with him and smile softly at him, making the ruby-eyed one smile back as he heard sniffing, making his ears flicker. 

" Mmmm, that smells amazing, Shadow. " 

" I'll always do my best for any situation. " 

" Even in bed~? " 

It took Shadow a moment to processes what Sonic before madly blushes, getting up, going over to Sonic, and slap him. Sonic rubbed his cheek but had that stupid cheeky grin on his face while giggling.  

" That was highly inappropriate of you, Sonic. I guess you don't want ice cream later. "

Sonic's cocky face morphed into a shocked one as he begged Shadow that he would be better for the rest of the day. He gave into his childish husband as the azure one made a victory pose with the widest grin on his face.