Peeking

// Au where Maria survived and slept for 50 years as Shadow did. //

In a nearby house, slept your everyday hero, Sonic the Hedgehog. The house belongs to an ( annoying ) kid named Chris Thorndyke. While Sonic's rival, Shadow the hedgehog, drank tea with his sister, Maria, and comrade, Rouge. While Shadow was minding his business, Maria and Rouge talked to each other, laughing at jokes and silly things that go on their lives. Suddenly, Maria got an idea, a wonderful idea she thought as she taps Shadow's shoulder. The ruby red eyes of the ebony hedgehog blood red stripes stared at the innocent blonde haired girl with her blue dress. Shadow knew Maria was up to something and gave her an eye ridge, telling her what she was planning.

" Why don't we play a prank on Sonic! Let's pour water all over him! "

She snickered, even though she was an awfully nice girl she never did a prank and an idea of it sounded fun to her. Besides, Sonic and Chris had played plenty pranks on them in the past, every one of their pranks were harmless. Now, Shadow thought this was a great idea, but what the two didn't know was that the blue hero was deathly afraid of water. Rouge thought about telling them about Sonic's aquaphobia but snickered at the thought of the hedgehog flailing in his bed like a fish. Maria giggles happily as she goes to find a bucket and fill it up with water. Shadow sat back into his chair with a sigh, closing his eyes and crossing his arms. His face remained emotionless as Rough smirks at her thoughts.

Maria comes back with a bucket filled with water, and a big smile on her face. Shadow gets up, smiling softly at her as they go up the stairs and quietly open the door to Sonic's room. What both of them didn't know is that the hedgehog was awake, and scrolling through his social media like Instaham, Clickchat, Tweet, and Handsbook. Both Robotniks sneak up to him, then poured the water all over him. It happened so fast for Sonic, as he flashed back to the time he almost drowned. He gasped and clutched his throat, falling off his bed in a panicked matter as Rouge came in. When the blue hedgehog realized that he was not in fact drowning, he growled and stood up. Shadow holding back laughter, Rouge snickering, and Maria regretting her actions. She hugged the hero, checking to see if he could breathe as he sighs.

" I'm fine, I just went into a short shock from the water. "

" Are you sure? You paled like if you were going to die. "

Concern laced her voice. Shadow stopped when he noticed how concerned Maria was for Sonic.

" He's fine, this is Sonic we're talking. "

" I think you don't get it Shadow, he could've actually died! "

Shadow rubbed his templates.

" Maria, I really don't want to argue with you, but you did come up with this prank. "

Rouge stepped in before the blonde haired girl or the blue quilled hedgehog could say anything.

" This may be my fault since I know that Sonic has a fear of water. I was going to tell you guys but I wanted to see his reaction, I was not expecting him to go in some sort of shock. So, all of this really is my fault. "

Sonic was quiet for a moment before he started to snort. He tries to keep it in, but he bursts out of laughter. Shadow was confused, Rouge smiled, and Maria just joined in with the hero. He clutches his stomach before wheezing, wiping away his imaginary tears as he looks at them.

" That was a revenge prank for all those times? My Chaos was that good. You definitely got me, Maria. "

He smiles at her before all mobian ears perked towards where the front door would be. A smile crept upon the pale face of the blonde haired girl as her eyes sparkled.