The Merhog and The Knight

There was once a striving Kingdom, a Kingdom that was not like any other. The Kingdoms you think are ones such as the Kingdom of Camelot. But this Kingdom... this was an underwater Kingdom, where the mermobians and merpeople live. Of course, every kingdom has a king and queen, so it was natural when the underwater kingdom had a king and queen. Cries were heard from the castle, making the citizens wonder: ' Did the King and Queen decide to have a heir? ' while it was normal to think this way. In the castle, the mother cradle her child in her arms, hushing as she sang sweet lullabies to her sweet baby. The merqueen looked her child with a soft smile, than looked at her handsome husband. He had looked over her shoulder before looking at her with loving eyes. 

" look at our beautiful child, Jules. Oh, I just know he will become a strong leader, just like his father! "

Jules shook his head while chuckling.

" Yes, he will be stronger than me, that is for sure, my dear. "

Both lovebirds look at each other before looking back at their whimpering child. The baby started to squirm before crying once more. The queen, Aleena, went into another room and shut the door to breastfeed him. Jules had noticed one of the royal guards swimming quite fast towards him. The panicked guard gets to the king and puts his spear in front of him.

" Your majesty! Something is attacking the kingdom, and all the men have suffered terrible injury or had died! "

" Evacuate the kingdom immediately! Send more troops out, I must get my wife and child to safety! "

Jules exclaimed as he swims into the room where Aleena was. The queen was sitting there, breastfeeding her son. The female merhog looking up to her distressed husband.

" Aleena, we have to leave, now. "

" Why, what is wrong, Jules? "

Aleena's face contorted into a confused one as Jules picks up their son and grabbed her hand. He started to swim as he tells her what's going on. Jules was soon hit by a crumbling sea house, of course protecting their son. Aleena cries out as her lover laid there. He was all bloodied while handing their child to her. His arms were as weak as the seaweed that once surrounded their home. All Aleena could do now was swim away, couldn't cry over her husband right now, he couldn't live either. She swam as fast as possible, trying to get away from the destruction of their home, their kingdom. The blue merbaby started whimpering as she hummed his song.

" Oh, my baby boy, may you grow as strong as your father- "

She whispered, looking behind her to see something shadowy following her.

" May you become a wonder king, my darling Maurice. "

She kissed his forehead before hiding him a garden of seaweed. She started swimming off to divert the of the shadowy figure's attention. Bright, emerald eyes searched around the place before soft lips started to quiver. Tiny hands began to squeeze the seaweed in comfort as he made a cry in loneliness. Where was the soft voice that sang him songs? Where were the strong hands that would hold him? All little Maurice did was cry, and cry, and cry, trying to catch someone's attention, yet nobody came.

Soon, the waves came in, as little Maurice dragged along the currents. The baby was, no doubt. startled and started to scream as the storm carried him off as gentle as it could. By the time it was daylight, the baby had washed upon shore, crying his little heart out. His poor little tummy rumbled in hunger, wanting some delicious milk within him. Passing by him was a servant who worked at the castle. She looked at the child with concern, seeing a tail on the bottom half of his body. The blue hedgehog looked to her left, than to her right before picking the baby up, who had started to calm down. The women sighed and held the royal merhog close to her beating heart. The baby started to sniffle, before falling asleep close to her soft chest. The women smiled and held the child tight to her, not wanting to drop poor Maurice.