The Dark Knight

// Another Dark x Shadow(this time, Lancelot) but hey, there's going to be actual kissing in this one, k?? //

It was like any normal day in Camelot. Sonic sat on his throne in a bored matter. He wanted to do something exciting but he was King now, the very thing he tried to run away from in his world. Caliburn kept him organized and made sure he did everything right.

The only time when Sonic wasn't bored is when Lancelot come in his throne room and talk to him about the recent news in Camelot. Lancelot was a copy of Shadow, his rival from his world. Lancelot was a bit calmer and loyal then Shadow though, since he is a knight.

Sonic had liked Shadow, and when he confessed to him in his world, Shadow rejected him. The fear of being rejected had build itself up when Sonic realized he had feelings for Lancelot. He didn't know if Lancelot liked him or not, he didn't want to ask.

Caliburn had noticed these changes in Sonic when he was around his best knight, which made the sword concern for his knave. Caliburn decided to speak up about it since no one but Sonic and the himself were in the room.

" Knave, is there something going on between you and Lancelot? "

" Eh?! "

This question caught Sonic completely by surprised. Had Caliburn got suspicious of his actions? He didn't want to tell him in fear that Caliburn would get mad at him. How would he answer this question? What should he do? What if someone walked in as he answered?

What if Lancelot walked in as he answered?

That question scared him the most, but that couldn't happen since the knights of the round table were off on some mission that he forgot. He sighs and then looks at Caliburn.

" It's nothing really to worry about, Caliburn. "

The sword only stared before looking away. He must not believe him but doesn't question it. So, all the king did was sit on his throne room, tapping his fingers away, that was until, Sir Galahad (Silver's doppelganger who didn't want to go on the mission) came in with a worried look.

" Your majesty, The knights, they are wounded from the dragon they fought. They have no horses or anything to make transportation easier. " 

It felt like Sonic's heart stopped. It was all too quiet. Galahad felt uncomfortable in the eeriely silent room as Caliburn turn to look at the king. Emotionless. His face held nothing. But then he got up and grabbed Caliburn.

" Let's go, Sir Galahad, we have knights to help. "

His voice was menacing, this was not his king's voice. This...this was not his king at all. He was dark, menacing, and almost felt...evil, murderous even. Sir Galahad responded with a yes sir and acted like it was still his usual, silly king but deep, down inside he tremble.

Caliburn had felt this dark energy before, but it was weak. This time, it was strong, very strong. He didn't know what to say to this...this angered king. So all he did was kept his mouth quiet. This was not his knave at all.

Timeskip to when they arrive

The king got off his horse and immediately went over to the injured knights, with Sir Galahad and Merlina following behind. Merlina had requested to join so she can heal the knights, but in truth, she was worried about the king.

' This anger of his seems to conjure up dark energy that is hidden deep inside of him '

Merlina theorized to the knight and the sword before they left.

Sir Percival had many cuts and a burn mark but seemed okay. Her amour was slightly damaged, but was okay otherwise.

Sir Gawain was more burned then Sir Percival and had deeper cuts. It also looked like he broke a wrist because he held it softly and groaned, clenching his teeth. His amour was a bit more damaged then Sir Percival's amour.

Sir Lancelot, on the other hand, took the most damaged then the others. His body was covered deep cuts that would scar and scratches. There were too many burn marks to count on Sir Lancelot. Luckily, there was no broken bones but he was unconcious. His amour was damaged beyond repair.

Merlina was healing Sir Percival and Sir Gawain, while Sir Galahad was trying his best wake Sir Lancelot up. The four of them didn't notice the coloration in Sonic's fur change into a darker tone and his eyes starting to glow.

Merlina felt a much darker energy then before and looked up and gasp, making the knights look. Their king was a dark blue, his quills were upward, and his eyes a glowing green as dark amour started to appear. He smirked and propped the sword up against his shoulder.

" Hello, it's nice to finally meet you all, I'm Dark Sonic, by the way. Sonic never let's me out unless he let's his anger, hatred, or despair out~ I'll go kill this dragon you seem to have a hard time killing~ "

Caliburn completely changed before he flew off to find this dragon. Merlina looks down at the ground as the knights muttered to themselves.

" So our king hides a evil person within him? "

Percival questioned.

" HE CAN BETRAY US ANY DAY IF HE WANTED! "

Gawain complained.

" But he only comes out when King Arthur shows any negative feelings. "

Galahad tried to explain.

Suddenly, all four of them turn the groans of one knight they think that started this anger. Sir Lancelot sat up as he hissed in pain. They all looked at each other before realizing something.

The king must hold some sort of feelings for Sir Lancelot.

" What the hell are you all shocked about?! "

Lancelot demanded as they all start explaining.

Soon, the king came back with minor scratches and most of his amour torn off. He wore a cocky smirk and walked up to the knights once he saw Lancelot up. What made Dark curious about the situation was that the three other knights and the wizard was gone. He didn't care.

" Your majesty, this is when you let your anger out? "

The knight questioned.

" Yes, this is what happens when Sonic gets angry, he summons m-mmpph??!! "

The dark version of Sonic was cut off when the ebony knight kissed him and then proceeded to pull away. The king came back as he blinked befoee becoming flustard.

" Just say it to my face next time, your majesty. "

And just like that, the three knights and wizard giggled softly like children when the king was left speechless.

// I finally included a kiss in one of my oneshots.

-Mod