Part of me

// OOF, another depressing/morbid one, 'kay.

Sonic was dead, Shadow lost an arm, he lost his love, and wanted to be with Sonic again. Using his left arm, the ebony hedgehog crawled his way over to the limp body of the once optimistic hero that everyone grew to love. He held the body close to him as he heard the laughter of Eggman disappeared in the distance. He pretended to be dead for just a little longer until he was safe. He hugs the body closely, closing the blue hedgehog's lifeless eyes as he sighs, getting weaker from the blood loss. 

A week earlier

Shadow just left Sonic's house, all flustered and grumpily huffing as he uses chaos controls to get back home. He recently starting dating Sonic and he had just got home from practicing on kissing. It had gotten from innocent teaching to some passionate french kissing. Yes, Shadow was a dom, but he had no clue on how to kiss or how to have sex because he was never taught that on the ARK. Rouge comes through to see a very red-faced Shadow on the couch, stuck in thoughts. This made the bat chuckle, walk over to the ebony hedgehog and boop his nose, making him snap out of his thoughts. Red eyes glare as he clears his throat, calming down as he waves her hand away.

" You were blushing, Hun. "

" I know, no shut up about it, bat. "

Shadow gets up from the couch and walks over to the kitchen. The albino bat follows behind, teasing the hedgehog and nudging on to tell her what had happened during his visit to the blue hero's house. The ebony just ignored her as he started on their dinner, as it was now around 5:30 p.m and the bat had started complaining about being hungry. He was making a delicious deep-fried taco, making Rouge's mouth water as she keeps telling how good they smelt and how they also look good. Shadow only smirked and teased that she wouldn't be able to have tacos if she kept nagging him about what happened at Sonic's house. She gasped, making the ebony raise a confused eye ridge. The bat explained that he was never this playful before, and maybe it was Sonic's personality had an influence on him. Shadow scoffed.

" That faker doesn't have an influence on me! "

" Yes he does, Hun! I can tell! "

Shadow makes a playful eye roll while punching her arm lightly. They both laugh as he served both their dinners. Finally, with more nagging from Rouge after she was curious at what happened at Sonic's place, he confessed.

" We were practicing kissing, alright, you child! "

" Aww, did the Ultimate Lifeform not know how to kiss~? "

" Shut up, Rouge! "

She only laughs as the ebony becomes flustered again, facepalming and growling under his breath.

Meanwhile, at Sonic's house, he sat on the couch watching tv but was mostly daydreaming. When they kissed earlier, it was like heaven to Sonic, making the blue hedgehog blush as Tails, his little brother walks into the room to see him. Raising a brow, he was about to questions it until he remembered that Shadow was over and put two and two together. He keeps his mouth shut and goes into the kitchen to make his dinner, since the blue hedgehog was terrible at cooking, but great at baking... somehow. The two-tailed fox looks over to see cupcakes that had all sorts of frosting designs and also took noticed on how there were two missing from the tray. He assumed that the couple had baked earlier than ate their creation. He throws some hot dogs and fries into the microwave and walks back to the living room, sitting next to his brother.

Tails then switches the channel to more of a science-like show, instantly snapping Sonic out of his daydream. His green eyes look over to the young fox and made a slight huff, catching the young fox's attention. Tails give an ' are you serious? You weren't even watching tv. ' making the hedgehog huff. Sonic gives a look back saying ' Well, I wanted it in the background ' as he changes the channel.