The Darkness within

Once upon a time, there was a child.

The child was a prince.

And the prince had many faces.

But one face always stood out.

It always appeared when the child was angry.

It seem to have a personality of it's own.

So the mother tried many ways to hide that face.

She told her child to always smile.

Lock away the anger, pain, and hatred that came to him.

And the child did.

It was not happy, and it took control one day.

It killed the mother, and when the child was back...

...he knew it was his fault because...

      ...there was blood on his hands...

              * Present day Mobius *

There was blue flash that sped by, it made the trees sway and the bushes wiggle. It was Mobius' hero, Sonic the hedgehog. The blue blur was on his way to visit his rival and his crush, Shadow the hedgehog.

Shadow lived on the outskirts of the city limit, for he was a bit socially awkward and rather have peace and quiet. Sonic always thought that it was rather strange that he owned a big mansion yet it was outside the city limits.

The hedgehog didn't questioned it and kept his opinion to himself as he stopped in front of his rival's door. It always made Sonic's heart bang against his chest, so nervous at the possiblity that Shadow would react to see him again.

It always made the voice come out of hiding.

He hated that voice with a passion, after all, it did use his body to kill...

Sonic swallowed a lump in his throat, it was no time to be thinking about that moment.

' What's wrong, Maurice hedgehog~? Did I catch your tongue~? Or did that no good Rival hurt you, like your mother did~ '

He growled, clutching his stomach, leaning over as if bowing and mutter shut ups under his breath before it disappeared finally. He didn't noticed that his crush had open the door when he was talking to it.

" What did you say, faker? "

His words seem to drip with pure venom as his eyes shot open. He gulped as he looked up. This wasn't a good time to have an almost panic attack in front of Shadow.

" S-sorry Shadz, I ate something bad and I was swearing to myself. "

The ebony hedgehog only raised his eyebrow. Was the faker really lying to him? He did stutter, a thing Sonic never did. He didn't questioned Sonic because as soon as he snapped out of it, Sonic was back to being annoying as hell.

" So, Shadz, do you do anything else then just read and cook~ "

" I polish my guns and I work out, would you like to see my recent polished gun? "

The ebony one said in a smirk as he heard Sonic gulp. Sonic plops himself onto Shadow's recently cleaned couch and turn on the t.v. It was the everyday boring news, so Sonic was about to click away until something caught his attention.

' Today marks the 15th year of Queen Aleena the hedgehog of Mobius' death by her eldest son, Prince Ogilvie Maurice the hedgehog of Mobius. He was just 10 at the time but eye witnesses had said it surely was the boy who did it. Prince Ogilvie Maurice had ran away as soon as he realize what he had done. Some reports had said that maybe our World known hero, Sonic the hedgehog, maybe the lost Prince who had killed his mother, 15 years ago. '

Sonic was frozen. They were catching onto him, no, not him, but it. He heard a scoff before the ebony one next to him closed his book.

" That's bullshit, from the years i've known you, faker, you wouldn't hurt a single molecule, none the less, kill, for a matter of fact. "

Sonic just stared at his crush before smiling.

" I'm glad that you're the voice of truth, Shadow. "

He said calmly. Shadow just gave him a brow raise before the azure hedgehog stood up. On the inside, Sonic trembled, he was shaking so badly ans crying so hard. They couldn't arrest him for something that he didn't do.

It was the monster's fault.

All of this was his doing.

Why was he born with more then one personality?

Shadow, at this point, was concern for the well being of Sonic. He never acted so quiet and calm around him, and he certainly never acted so frozen and scared when the news was on.

Sonic had left quietly, and Shadow never got the chance to say he was okay. But deep down inside, Shadow knew Sonic wasn't okay.

Sonic locked himself in his bedroom. He sat on his bed and held his head in pain. He wasn't going to let IT out, IT needed to stay in him. He was the prison and the prison guard and he needed to make sure this criminal didn't escape like it did once. It was an animal.

' You can't hide me forever~ I'm going to come out and kill the people who think you killed that bastard of a mother~ and you should confess to him soon, otherwise I might kill him~ '

He growls.

" You won't kill those innocent people! My mother wasn't a bastard and you certainly won't kill Shadow! You're the bastard! I want you to leave me alone! "

' Leave you alone? I can't because I am essentially you, silly~ All this time, I was just protecting us~ We can become the strongest, powerfulest, and immortal being on this pathetic planet~ That Rival of yours will never love you, your mom didn't want you to express anger, and those people want to arrest you~ I'm just helping~ '

" YOU'RE NOT HELPING, YOU'RE RUINING MY LIFE! I KNOW WON'T LOVE ME BUT SO WHAT? ALL I CARE IS THAT I LOVE HIM AND MY MOM WAS PROTECTING ME FROM YOU! "

The poor blue hedgie scream at what seem as nothing. It made Tails worried for him. The young fox went upstairs when he realized it was too quiet for his liking. He opened the door and gasp.

There stood a dark blue furred Sonic, his quills upturned as his eyes glowed. He smirked at the young kitsune as his dark energy made the poor fox tremble.

" Nice to meet ya, kiddo~ But I got some business to take care of, ta-ta for now~ "

He laughed and flew out the window. Tails didn't know that Sonic had darkness within him.

// OOF! Originally, I planned for Dark to kill Shadow but then I was like nah, so instead, have a cliffhanger that you will never get to see the rest of.

-Mod