The Knight and The Criminal

// 34 out of 50 stories? coolio, trying to aim for 50 stories. This is another part for The Knight and The Peasant. // 

It had been 2 years since the incident where Sonic had met his crush, Sir Lancelot. In those 2 years, his mother and father weren't so lucky and caught the Black Plague. He had to go to Camelot and earn coins so he can get a Plague Doctor to help his family. Making his way to Camelot, he felt his legs tremble as tears escaped from his eyes, he knew very well that his parents couldn't be saved. At this point, Sonic would just become a tradesman and sell all his rice and make sure to not catch the plague.

The blue hedgehog gets to where he wants to be and goes inside the city to find people. Like last time, not much people were willing to buy his grains, and Sonic started to become desperate to get money. He started muggling people for coins, and of course, still trying to sell his grains. While in an alleyway, he counted 2 coins he earned from selling a bag full of rice and the rest that he stole. His ears started to flicker, the sound of metal clanking against the cobblestone street rang too close to comfort. He stands up, brushing the dirt off his, once ocean blue, now brownish-blueish coat and cloak. His pale eyes looked behind him to see a knight, one he couldn't tell and didn't know.

" Halt! Y-You are the blue t-thief that townspeople talk a-about, aren't you!? "

He smirked, this must be a newer knight since he didn't sound so brave. With a graceful turn on his toes, he came in contact with amber eyes through a visor. The knight looked fairly young, younger than him that was for certain, with quills that seemed to be made of Silver, as if the gods wanted him to royalty. Five quills where delicately placed upon his forehead, as he stood shaking and with a sword in hand. Sonic chuckled and walked up towards the knight, who had taken a few steps back in fear, and patted him on the head. The silver hedgehog, Sonic assumed, opened his eyes in curiosity to see the peasant with a sweet smile and could make any women fall into his soft touch.

" I am, I understand that I am some criminal, but please do not hold any grudge against me. I had recently lost my parents to the plague and my grains will not sell. If necessary, you may take me and execute me. "

Sonic explained softly, as much as he hated the idea of death, he knew what he was doing was extremely low for someone like him and his parents would be very disappointed at what he had become. The silver knight opened up his visor and blinked, staring at him with quite a shocked expression. 

" You... you are kidding me, are you not? "

The blue hedgehog shook his head softly, before hearing a familiar voice, a voice he had not heard in 2 years.

" Wait! Sir Galahad! Do hurt him! He is a nice man! " 

An older, but still very much a child, rabbit stood in front of the blue hedgehog. It was the little girl who had stole bread for her sickly mother! She grabs his hand and leads the blue hedgehog out of the alleyway, around the still very shocked and confused Galahad. She gets to a small house next to a pub and opens the door, inviting our protaganist inside. He goes inside the house as the rabbit cleans the place and sets it up for him. She looks at him, smiling as she starts introducing herself.

" I'm Cream and I apreciate what you did 2 years ago. "

Sonic smiles and introduces himself. The two share some unclean water and bread, talking about what they did over the years. Sadly for Cream, her mother did not make it and died tragically. He looks into the water, thinking over his recent activities of stealing things, for he knew it was wrong as he was willingly to turn himself in, but... the excitement it brought to him. Sonic hasn't felt this excitement since the day he talked to Sir Lancelot and gave him a surprised kiss. He wanted to do it more, the adrenline it brought him as if he was running through a field. It felt... amazing.