F O R G O T T E N

Have you ever just wanted to rot away? Become nothing but a figment of imagination? To be...

Forgotten?

That's what Sonic the hedgehog wanted to be when his nemesis, Dr. ' Eggman ' Robotnik, confessed to Shadow about Sonic's feelings for him. He just wanted to disappear right then and there.

For the last week, Sonic hid in his house. He locked his bedroom door and starved himself. How else did he get skinny? Yes, running helped but it was mostly starving himself. He was use to it already.

He could hear the banging on his door as he cut his wrist, blood dripping from his wrist. Pain was numb, and numb was good. Suddenly, the door flew open as Amy stood there, hammer in hand as she gasped. Tails sighed sadly and sat next to Sonic.

" Sonic, why must you do this to us when you get sad? I don't understand b why can't you talk to us? "

Sonic's dry mouth and how embarrassing it was made it hard to tell his friends. His friends would probably hurt him, abuse him, maybe even abandon him if ever told his secret. So he told a lie, like he always did.

" Oh, Shadow found out I like to watch cartoons, really childish cartoons. "

Tails sighed and took the knife away and started bandaging him. Amy went downstairs and started to make Sonic something to eat. He really wanted to be erased right now, he didn't want his friends worrying about him, a pathetic no body who lies and everyone loves the lying part of him.

That's all because his fake self was more entertaining and confident. His true self was just a sad, jokeless, and lack a lot of self-confidence. He was confined and anti-social unlike his fake self. He hated the persona that everyone loved so dearly.

He was forgotten. His true self was forgotten. He wanted to be completely forgotten now. He wanted to die.

Shadow was heading towards Sonic's house. If what Rouge said was true, he was in love with his rival, and vice versa. What always made Shadow hate Sonic was his...fakeness...it's the reason why he calls him faker. His personality seemed so fake, how did everyone around him believe that was really is personality. He could see the pain behind those tired, emerald eyes.

He realized his faker was also like him. They had to put up a persona for the world to see, a persona they displease so much. How could Shadow tell? It was the same pain he felt. He could understand a bit on why he was falling for him slowly. He finally arrives at the front of his house.

It was a light blue that had a nice touch of white with it. It was quite pleasent to see. Now Shadow knew that Sonic did have some good color choices. He goes inside to see Amy cooking food. He was confused so he walks into the kitchen silently and then taps hwr shoulder. She jumped before looking at Shadow.

" Shadow! You scared me, don't do that ever again. What is it that you need. "

Shadow blinked before speaking.

" Why are you making food in faker's house, specifically his kitchen? "

" Well, when Sonic has a big secret reveal to someone he's not ready to reveal it yet, he locks himself in his room and starves himself. Not only does he starve himself, he also cut himself. I'm so worried about his mental state. "

Shadow was shocked. He starved and cutted himself because Robotnik said he liked him? He was definately going to beat the shit out of Eggman later. He thanks Amy and proceeds to go upstairs and into his room. Tails was bandaging the last bit of his wrist before he decided to be known by the two.

He clears his throat and catches the attention of both males. Sonic looked like he seen hell and back as Tails was pretty confused on why Shadow was here.

" May I speak to Sonic. Alone please. "

Tails was even more shocked when he heard politeness come from Shadow. He shook his head and smile.

" Of course, just don't do anything bad to Sonic. "

The fox leaves, closing the door, leaving the two hedgehogs alone.
Sonic was the first to speak up.

" I know why you are here, just forget about he said and yes, I know, i'm fucking weak as hell. This is the real me, don't get use to it though. "

Shadow sighed and sat down on the bed, next to Sonic.

" About earlier faker, look, I was scared to love again because if i did, I would lose them. When Rouge said that all the symptoms I carried was love, I was shocked and scared, I don't want to lose you. "

He takes a deep breathe in.

" and show you real self more often, it's better then that fake one you put up each and every day. I know how it feels to do so every day. "

He gets up and goes to the door. He looks back at Sonic.

" I know, i'm admitting I love you back, but of you don't feel the same anymore, it's fine. "

Suddenly, an arm grabs Shadow, pulls him back, and snuggles into him as tears can be felt against his chest. Sonic was indeed crying.

" Don't leave, please. Don't forget the real me, please. I don't want to be forgotten, I want to cry, and I want to be me, so please...don't leave...let me be true to who I am around you... "

Shadow softly smiles and pets Sonic's head gently.

" I won't leave. "

After that was said, they both shared a loving kiss. It was passionate and beautiful and felt wonderful to both the hedgehogs. They soon pulled away.

" You're a terrible kisser Shadow. "

" Says the one who literally was just smashing my lips against mine. "

They both laugh a bit before Sonic layed his head on his shoulder.

" Shadow...don't let me be forgotten... "

" I won't let you, I promise, Sonic. "

// Oh, mah heart! What have I done to myself at the end of this chapter.

-Mod