The Wolf

Crows cried, the moon glowed as two children, one human and robin mobian were lost in the woods. It was dark and seemed to make the two lost within its labyrinth as they try to find their way out of there. What the two didn't notice were the two green eyes that glowed in the bushes behind them. As the robin has a mental break down, with the human child tries to comfort her friend, the green-eyed beast crawls quietly towards them. With a quick pounce and snarl, the two screamed into the night. The full moon just glowed onto the forest, being far away from civilization, nobody had heard them...

It was a nice day, and the young fox stretches. His heavy bags and droopy eyes really showed how he felt about his missing friend. Tails, the young fox, headed towards the kitchen with his arms swinging loosely at his sides. He turned the stove as he fills the pot with tap water, turning the sink off and putting the pot on the stove. He takes out some maple and brown sugar instant oatmeal and puts it in a bowl. He looks over to a picture on the fridge of him and a blue hedgehog happily taking a selfie together. It had been over a year now since they defeated Eggman, so they were able to have time to themselves and time to get out and go places. Looking down, he saw droplets of water on the counter as he reached his face. He felt the wet tears slipping themselves out of his eyes and out towards freedom.

" Sonic... "

He tried not to sob, holding back the lump in his throat as he shakes.

" Where... are you...? "

Tails break down, falling down onto his bottom as he hugs his knees. He violently sobs, Sonic had disappeared 14 weeks ago, and nobody had a clue to where he could be. The poor young fox first thought that he would be visiting family. But after calling Sonia, who then put Aleena on the phone knew that wasn't the case. He then called Scourge to see if he was trying to pick a fight with Sonic, who answered that he hadn't seen him either. Then, Tails thought it would definitely Dr. Eggman at G.U.N's highly secured prison. But after letting Eggman on the phone for 30 minutes, he explained he hadn't seen him since the day he defeated him. 

Everyone at this point was concerned for Sonic's whereabouts, so they started a search party. Shadow and Rouge couldn't join since they were on a mission, one that they should be back today. Tails finally calmed down when the phone started ringing. With all his strength, the fox gets up, turns off the stove and pours the boiling water into the bowl, then walk over to the living room and answered the call. The caller was Rouge and seemed concerned.

" Hey, hun, Shadow and I just got a mission from Commander Towers about Sonic... missing. "

" Yeah- "

The poor fox sniffled.

" He has been missing for 14 weeks now. Sorry for not informing you two, I was too sad to do anything after Sonic's disappearance. "

Rouge, on the other side of the phone, gave a grief-stricken look as she looks to Shadow. The ebony hedgehog only looked at her confusingly before looking away. 

" It's fine, hun. We'll look for Sonic immediately, and won't give up until he's found. "

" Tell that to the others, they gave up looking for him on week 3. They say he's..... that he's...... "

The poor fox broke down sobbing on the other end of the phone, so loud that the ebony hedgehog could hear him. Rouge tried to soothe him on the other end of the phone, being the mother she is to the fox. Shadow walked over to her and asked for the phone as she hesitantly gives it to him. He starts speaking to the still sobbing child.

" Look, Tails, we'll find faker. He can't be dead, we all know that he may be stupid, but not that stupid to die without honor or reason. He's still out there somewhere, and that's a fact. "