The AU where Sonic is Maria Robotnik

// Yeah, I can't think up a creative title. Also, three Robotnik chapters in a row. Also, pic above is what I drew awhile ago. Dunno why it's sideways tho //

Space Coloney Ark: 50 years ago

Dear Diary,
It's been a long day in the Ark again. Grandfather was still was working on his project. He said i'm not allow to see it until it's nearly finished. All i've done to keep myself from being bored was take a bath and then look at Earth.

Earth is so beautiful. I wish I could go down there. It's been my dream to go down there and look around at it's beautiful places. I have to go now, Grandfather is calling me for dinner.

From,
Sonic Robotnik.

Peached hands gently shut the hardcover diary. Then, slid it under a normal, plain, blue bed. A blue hedgehog got up from his neat, made bed. He shut the door to his bedroom and made his way to the dinning room. He saw the greying hedgehog in a white coat sitting there, waiting for his grandson to come in. The blue hedgehog smiled and went over, taking a seat.

" Hello Grandfather, how was your day. "

Emerald eyes looked up at the greying hedgehog in front of him and saw a smile. He took small bites of his food as heard a gruff cough.

" I am fine, Sonic, dear. The project is coming along perfectly. Would you like to see him after our meal? "

Emerald eyes sparkled. He would finally get see what his grandfather was working on? All he did was smile, taking a napkin and wiped his face before responding.

" I would love too, Grandfather. "

The greying hedgehog, Gerald, smiled at his grandson. Sonic was just an average teen who preffered dresses over shorts. Everything about him was normal except that 1: the poor teen was ill.

2: he lived in outer space with his genius of a scientist grandfather.

3: he didn't have friends his age.

Once they were done eating, Sonic took their dishes and started washing them. Once he was done, he put them into the dishwasher and turned it on. He walked out of the kitchen to see Gerald waiting for him. When Sonic was ready, he followed his grandfather into the lab.

Sonic looked around in curiousity and amazement. He had only been here a few times but it was still amazing. Gerald cleared his throat to catch his grandson's attention. Sonic turned around and saw him.

An ebony hedgehog was in the tube. He had red stripes, chest fur, cuffed gloves, and really cool looking shoes. His eyes sparkled as he continued to look at the amazing project before him.

" I haven't named him yet because I thought you would like to. His name can't always project. "

As soon as his grandfather said that, the perfect name popped up in his head.

" Shadow...his name should be Shadow "

" Shadow? Why Shadow? "

" Because he looks like the shadows that seem to instead of scaring you, it protects you. "

Gerald only responded with a smile and let his grandson to continue admiring his creation.

A few days later, Sonic was staring at Earth until he felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned around and saw his grandfather and...Shadow! Sonic smiled widely and took Shadow's hand and cupped it between his.

" Hello, Shadow, I'm Sonic Robotnik, but you can just call me Sonic. "

" Sonic, you don't mind teaching him a few things, won't you? I already taught him the basics like walking and talking. "

" Oh course I won't! I would love to help Shadow. "

Sonic turn his attention back to the ebony hedgehog in front of him. He got up and took his hand. Shadow only smiled back, blushing a bit as they ran off somewhere. After Sonic was done teaching him that day, he layed down on his bed, Shadow copying after.

" So, Shadow, what do you think so far? "

" huh? What do you mean, Sonic? "

" I mean, how do you think about the Ark so far? "

" ...I do not know. "

Sonic only smiled and sat up. He took Shadow's hand and pulled him up. Shadow was confused as Sonic dragged him somewhere. Weren't they done with learning today? They soon arrived at their destination. Sonic sat down on a chair that he set up awhile ago and points at the blue and green planet.

" You see that planet right there, Shadow? "

" Yes, I do Sonic. "

" That's where I want to go someday. You'll come with me, won't you? "

" Of course, Sonic. "

" Pinkie promise me, Shadow. "

Sonic smiled softly and held out his pinkie finger. Shadow copyed as Sonic wraps it around his pinkie.

" I...pinkie promise, Sonic. "

What both wouldn't know was the independing death that was coming to Sonic. Skip to a year later, Sonic and Shadow were both talking as usually until they heard the alarms go off. Gerald came in and told Shadow ans Sonic to leave and go to the escape pod. They both nodded as Shadow took Sonic's hand and started running.

Sonic was scared. Scared for her grandfather's life, for his life.

For Shadow's life.

They soon reach the escape pods. Behind them were a group of G.u.n soliders. Sonic plan out the possibilities. It was either he or Shadow wouldn't make it. He decided one thing can only happen: Shadow had to go to Earth. He pushed Shadow into the escape pod as Shadow gave a worried and confused look. The G.u.n soliders yelling at him to not do it but he presses the button anyways.

" SONIC!! "

" Shadow, I beg of you! Give them a chance to be happy! "

Soon, the escape pod leaves as Sonic falls to the ground. His vision darken until everything was black.

The blonde hedgehog nodded at the ghostly angel in front of her. The angel blue hedgehog looked in front of the blonde hedgehog.

" Maria, I know you are rivals with Shadow, but promise me one thing before I leave forever. "

" Yes Sonic? "

" Protect my Shadow, I don't want him to always hurting. He means the world to me. "

The blonde hedgehog got up to make more tea. She looks at the fading angel at her dinning room table.

" I promise Sonic, i'll try to befriend him. "

The angel smiled, sheding a tear before finally leaving.

// Ack! The ending! * clutches chest where heart is * it hurts!

-Mod