A Miracle

// oof

It almost seemed unreal to the two hedgehogs. Both of them in space, alive somehow. The ebony knew that his powers should've drained him to the point where he couldn't even breathe, yet, here he was, in the arms of the rival that has saved him.

Weeks earlier

Sonic was in his house, sitting on his couch as he yawns. He was tired from last night battle with the doctor, then he had sleep paralysis so he was awake for the whole night as he couldn't move. It was completely fan-fucking-tastic, as Knuckles puts it sometimes. Tails came down the stairs as he looks over his tired-ridden brother, sighing while going to the kitchen.

" Guess who didn't sleep last night. "

" You? "

" Yep! It's fucking great! "

" Language, Sonic! "

The blue hedgehog sighs, forgetting that he wasn't supposed to swear around Tails since the young fox didn't like swearing. He gets up, of course struggling with a lot of difficulties, and walks over to the kitchen. Tails looked over to his brother before smiling.

" Good morning to you too, Sonic. "

" Morning, bro. "

He ruffles the young fox's bangs, as he frowns and tries to get rid of the hand that was causing it. They giggle a bit before Tails goes back cooking their breakfast as Sonic goes to turn on the tv for some news. It was becoming a very nice day, with the sun shining through the windows. Tails was making a nice egg burrito, toast, and oatmeal breakfast for the both of them. The news was always boring, but Tails always wanted to check the weather and what else was going in the world other than ' Sonic saves the day '. He sits there, blankly looking at the television in front of him as he watches the news go by, it really didn't interest him at all. The young fox comes in, holding two plates as he sets them down on the coffee table in front of them. Sonic's mouth began to water as he picks up his fork first, thanking his little brother before digging into the food.

As the hero finishes up his oatmeal, he felt a pat on his shoulder, alerting him. Looking up, he pays attention to what was on the news.

" It is apparent that our hero's rival, Shadow the hedgehog, is now attacking random G.U.N vehicles and taking away the valuable Chaos Emeralds from... "

That was enough to make the hedgehog quickly jump to his feet. He was shocked, why was Shadow acting like he did when he was first awakened from his 50 years stasis sleeping? Sonic looked over to Tails, as he just nodded, as the hero rushes out the door to find why this was happening again. Sometime later, he arrives at where Shadow was on tv, only finding G.U.N agents leading the public away from the disaster and Rouge herself. The poor bat looked distraught and confused before her teal eyes met his emerald eyes. She runs over to where the hero was, holding her arm in an attempt to soothe herself from all the commotion.

" Oh thank goodness you came, Hun. I was going to call you about- "

" I saw what happened on tv. Why exactly is Shadow back to being who he was when we first met him? "

Sonic cuts her off, concern both laced his voice and words as teal eyes looked away in a somewhat shameful look.

" I'm... I'm not sure myself, but I feel like this wouldn't happen if I just came with him on our last mission. "

Sonic leaned his weight to on side of his body, his hand holding his side as his eyes became curious and determined.

" If you don't mind me telling, what exactly happened? "