Gone like the wind

It's been ten years since Sonic and his friends defeated Robotnik. Everyone decided to settle down with each other. Tails is dating Cream, Knuckles married to Rouge, Amy dating Scrouge, and the relationship that hurt him the most.

Silver married to Shadow.

Sonic loved Shadow, he loved the ebony once since they met that faithful night in Station Square. He known Shadow longer then that younger, futuristic hedgehog ever did. It wasn't fair.

It never was.

Sonic decided to live alone, he cut the connection to his friends about a year ago. He started cutting his wrist, starve himself on days without end, and get into violent fights with gangs. You could see his ribs poking out.

It looked like he was already dead.

His once bright, emerald eyes filled with life were now a pale green with no life in them at all. His vibrant ocean blue quills were now a greyish blue, and were falling out quickly. The scars seem to be bold and noticible on his body.

He didn't look like he was the same person.

Sonic started seeing ghosts more and more frequent, leading him to assume that he was getting closer to death. There was one angel who tries to help him. Maria. Sonic bet that if Shadow was here, he would be jealous and kill him off.

He wouldn't mind though.

Maria begs the once lively, yet cocky hedgehog to not do this, that he should live on. What was there for him to live for?? Robotnik was defeated and retired and his love of his life was married to some other hedgehog. Soon, Sonic started to sell his stuff, slowly, but surely, he started to have less stuff in his house.

Who would care if it was empty?

Once he owned nothing, Sonic walked to the nearby bridge and looked down. All he saw was the dangerous rapids going down at a fast pace. He would usually get naucious at the sight of this. He was deadly afraid of water when he was younger, since he drowned.

But downing would now be his new friend.

Sonic creepily smiled. No body would care if he died right here and now, his fans had disappeared, he never talks to friends anymore, he cut his family from his life. He truly had nothing to go back for.

He would be gone soon.

Sonic debated on his suicide would work, but he choose the rapids. He hoped it would mutilate his body so no one would know who he was. A noose, gunshot, and stab with screams of agony would only get him resuced or have the police on his tail because they want to know why he wants to be dead.

Isn't it simple?

...

" Sonic, don't do it. Shadow already lost me, and I can tell he cares about you. "

He turns around to see the angel behind him, her ghostly tears pouring down her soft, pale cheeks. She cared so much about Sonic even though they barely knew each other. Sonic genuinely smiled. It made his heart jump with joy to know that in the after life, he'll have a friend who cares about him.

He never felt so loved.

Sonic felt the wind slowly dying, giving him a signal that it was his time to go. He was the wind, and if the wind was dying, so would he. Soon, the wind stopped, and the once wild, lively hedgehog was falling to his demise. He hit his head on a rock on impact, he was bleeding badly, but the water washed the now deceased hero downstream.

He was truly gone now.

Maria looked at the two hedgehogs who were walking down happily together. She sighs and looks at the ebony hedgehog.

" Shadow, why didn't you save him. "

The ebony hedgehog stopped. His ears twitching. Was that really Maria? His silver lover looked at him with a concerned gaze.

" Is everything okay love? "

The ebony gave his small love a loving gaze.

" Yes. "

At that moment when the two love hogs looked up, all they saw was dead looking Sonic, on the railing of the bridge, who gave them a sad gaze. Silver went to use his powers but Shadow stopped him. There was something different about Sonic.

He was transparent.

The ebony one called out his name before Silver saw the transparency and started to tear up. At the moment, they both knew their speedy friend was gone. As soon as the wind picked up, he was gone, disappeared into nothing. He had vanish without a trace. Silver cried, he was one of Sonic's closes friends.

They were going to visit the hedgehog today.

This broke Shadow's heart realizing that Maria's spirit had told him that he could've saved Sonic from his tragic end. How exactly did he die? How did Maria know him? Why did Sonic give them a sad gaze. The last question stumped him. He couldn't figure it out? He assumed his death was suicidal but why? He assumed that he could see Maria but how?

He didn't know,

but he wanted answers.

A few weeks later, they held a funeral for the blue speedster. The police found his body mangled up a few miles up ahead the bridge and from security footage, he had indeed, committed suicide. Tails sobbed into his girlfriend, as Cream sniffled. Knuckles hunged his head low as Rouge tried to comfort him.

Amy and Scrouge nevered showed up.

He assumed that's because Amy felt like it was her fault that Sonic was dead. Silver cried into the ebony hedgehog, holding his arm tightly. Three hedgehogs that Shadow never seen before, but everything was a blur since it was raining and everyone wore black.

His heart seem to broke at the sight of the casket.

He wasnt quite sure on why but it did. It seemed that when Sonic died, the wind had too, and to have seen his spirit, his last goodbye made the ebony one shed tears without realization. Yet his tears went unoticed since they had blended into the rain that was pouring down.

Sonic was gone.

Gone like the wind. 

Shadow could never forgive Sonic,

For breaking his heart.

And Shadow will never know how exactly did the blue blur broke his heart.

// Yay, i'm not dead, but here's something sad.

Please request something happy.

I can only think up of sad fanfics.

Help me pls. I need help.

-Mod