The Past

// * crawls out of my grave * A somewhat Sonic/SU crossover. Here you go

Take a moment to think of just
flexibility, love, and trust.

Sonic didn't know what to do, he's done so much good yet he couldn't get rid of the memories. The war, shattering other gems, the lost of many associates. It shook him to his very core, he never wanted to be made for the war, he never wanted to shatter other gems. He slams his fist in the pillow, why was he made at all when his purpose was to fight to the death in the war? He bet he was the only Labradorite in the universe. Looking at his hand, he never felt as awful since his first shattering.

Take a moment to think of just
flexibility, love, and trust.

Sonic sighs and lays on his pillow, he needed to calm down and relax, maybe meditating in his gem would do the trick. No, he didn't want Tails barging in and seeing his gem on the bed, he'll freak out again. Tails knew he wasn't mobian, in fact, Sonic tends to joke around and say that the laws of station square can't go against him because he's alien. He told Tails that when a gem poof, 9/10 of times someone else poofed him and didn't want to get the fox paranoid. Sighing, he goes into a criss cross applesauce position and closes his eyes, breathing in and out.

Here comes a thought,
that might alarm you.

He opened his eyes, shock filled them as he stares back at ruby red eyes. He was staring at his half mobian half black arms counterpart, when suddenly the memories came flooding for Sonic. Blueish white butterflies surround him as Shadow tries to grab him, until watching the memory that was causing the blue hedgehog to hold back his tears.

What someone said,
and how it harmed you.

There stood a more human looking Sonic, in a war general's outfit shaking and crying as he holds the shards of his enemy. Getting up, he grabs a few more others as he tried to defend them. By the time he got to the ship, no one remained, and eyes filled with horrified stare looked back at the war behind him. Sword in hand, he clutches it and sobs, falling to bottom and shaking. It was his fault, he couldn't save his fellow associates and now they were gone because of him. He was a perfect cut, he was suppose the top Labradorite, the one who could save his friends. But he couldn't.

Something you did,
that failed to be charming.

Shadow looks at Sonic who was now sobbing out his pain, as Shadow tried to reach for him but the butterflies get in the way. He sees images of Maria and not being able to save her, realizing that he and his rival weren't that opposite after all. He wasn't going to let Sonic be consumed though, and although he needed help, he's told his story before. On the other hand, it seemed as his blue rival had bottled this up for so long that he had no one to turn too. Shadow was going to change that.

Things that you said are
suddenly swarming and, oh.

It was hard, the ebony continued to try and reach a hand out for Sonic to grab but all these pesky butterflies were in the way. He was pushed away, falling on to his bottom as he silently growled to himself. All of this would've been viewed as out of character for Shadow, but it wasn't true. He started to view Sonic more as someone to help, and not so much as a rival anymore. He started to feel compassionate for him, and wanted to help but felt the need to keep up his reputation as the lone badass. It seems as well Sonic did the same for hero, but that was all going to change for the both of them.

You're losing sight,
You're losing touch.

Shadow gets up, not backing down from this challenge. Sonic had been there for him, and now he was going to be there for Sonic, to listen to him and to let him cry on his shoulder. He gets up again and continues to try to push the butterflies away and again he fell on his butt. He couldn't use his Chaos energy, but with or without it, he wasn't giving up yet!